Hubitat C5 Hub Spec

Thanks for the info.
I just wanted to know what was inside.

Now for my other question :wink:
Can we store backups on an external device or online maybe?

4 Likes

Great!

Now, I look forward to get my hand on this device (ordered last week).

1 Like

I have a simple curl script running on a NAS to download a nightly backup. You need to establish a login to the hub. You capture the token with curl -c cookie.txt -d "username=backup" -d "password=backup" http://hubip/login
curl -sb cookie.txt http://hubip/hub/backupDB?fileName=latest -o "/share/Public/Hubitat/Backup$(date +%Y%m%d%H%M).lzf"

7 Likes

That is brilliant. Love it! Muchos gracias, señor.

1 Like

Related question... Is the Hubitat Elevation's network connection Gigabit or 10/100? The reason I ask is because I was debating about putting the Hubitat on my POE using a splitter. But if it will "possibly" degrade it's network performance I would rather make sure it is powered normally.

It is 100 full

1 Like

Check out this thread for some suggestions. I have a C3 and C4 on Poe's. Both run fine.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell: Thanks! That is exactly what I was wondering and the splitter should not impact it at all then.
@stephack: I saw those and FIGURED it would work, but it did not specifically see something for the C5 and I could not find a spec that called it out. But, Mike Maxwell gave the answer.

Not that my internet connection is close to Gigabit (or even 100Mb) but all my in-house network is on Gigabit with a managed POE switch, so I try to keep things as good as I can.

Yeah, the C5 has a micro USB instead of the barrel connectors. I'm pretty sure the one's for the Raspberry Pi's would be more than enough.

1 Like

It is 100 full

I just bought a Hubitat and the crazy/strange thing is that it came with a cat 7 cable :open_mouth:

1 Like

Same!

CAT6+ or even CAT7 is just the norm now.

Individual port speed is irrelevant to the other devices on a switch. Only mattered a long long time ago on hubs. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It matters if the Hubitat could use gigabit, but then got downgraded to 100 because the PoE splitter maxes at that. That is why I asked and got confirmation it was 100 to begin with, so there is no worries about using PoE.

If anyone is still on a hub or 10mb only switch... I think they have bigger problems with their network than worrying about PoE.

1 Like

FYI, this thread is old, but as much as it is said, both hubs are the same, I've opened both hubs and the C5 has a different processor than the C4. I don't know if it's of any consequence tho.....

PoE and Ethernet speeds are completely independent. I get that your PoE injector will force the switch down to 100Mb, but I wouldn't worry. May be of concern with a huge file transfer, but not with what the Hubitat is sending-receiving.

As a reference, my Hub is on a 100Mb Netgear unmanaged 8-port switch with no issues. That switch is even shared with two HPE iLo connections for my servers and four APC UPS management devices. All work perfectly together. :slight_smile:

I'm pretty sure that the hubs ethernet connection is only 100Mb anyway. I have it on a 1Gb switch and it only uses 100Mbs

1 Like

Yeah, that was all answered/resolved over a year ago. :slight_smile:

1 Like