Hubitat and Broadlink RM Pro + WIFI + IR + RF Remote Controller

Hi @callegari.dreaming,
does this method you have outlined learn the RF remotes and playback the signals? The solution I use seems to have an issue with RF. I don't have an android device but would consider purchasing one if this can do RF as well.

As bigriz said - excellent write up - thanks.
will have a crack at it at the weekend

Yes. I have both RF and IR working with this.

Broadlink RM Pro handles both IR and RF for me pretty well. My minis I have not tried RF, just IR.

Thanks, nice. Looks like Iā€™m off to get an Android tablet

If you get a new one, make sure you have another use for it. You shouldn't waste money just for this. This just runs in background so you should use tablet for other purposes too to get your money's worth.

or even an old android phone will do if you got one laying around not being used.

Rob, thanks for pulling this together. Your code is running my shades perfectly.

Does Node Red work with Broadlink for RF commands?

The mini does not do RF. If you need RF you need to get the pro

Thank You so much for the information, it works amazingly well, even commands what are a bit quirky work fine, I use my RM plugin on an old Android TV box with Ethernet power adaptors, I am new to Hubitat but I am loving it. Thank you again. Tim

I know this thread is a bit older, but wanted to see if anyone has used any of these methods on the new rm4 pro ? Just ordered one to tinker with and try, I saw on HA that you can partially set up in the app to allow network access and not connect it to the cloud... But if it's not set up in the app so it works locally, can you still program ir/rf with any of these methods?

I'm open to trying any method for local control. HA, node red, android device with that plug in ect... We don't always have reliable internet, so cloud is not a solution that works for me unfortunately.... But I couldn't get my hands on an rm3 pro for a reasonable price...

If you search for the native integration in these forums. It works amazing and no other device needed and no tasker.

They say you can use an rm4 but be very careful about which broadlink app you use to setup device initially, to avoid locking the device.

The thread says withdrawn, but someone cloned the repo

If you mean the integration created by @cybrmage, itā€™s no longer available for download.

1 Like

Yes but the repo was cloned, forked or whatever the term is , with full credit given to original author

The gist of the recent discussion in the integration thread is that since the original author never put it in a public repo like GitHub, and never set any licensing terms, anyone thatā€™s currently sharing the code in a public repo is probably not authorized to do so, and therefore shouldnā€™t be sharing the code.

2 Likes

Yeah I've been following that thread for a while, I did snag the code before it was taken down.. but since it's not going to be supported anymore I wanted to see my options.

Yikes, I haven't read that yet. Sorry for misleading the group.
I've looked through that code, and it's a significant work effort. I know the same guy had a blow out with wink. Left the wink forum, taking his apps with him. I'm guessing that's why he never would have a git, as he wanted the freedom to take his toys and go home. And I'll bet it was just 1 or 2 people that he had a beef with

I've posted this in the Withdrawn thread as well, but for those not wanting to see their device locked into cloud-only mode, this may be worthy of consideration. Don't know if it's been mentioned already but putting it out there just in case:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/broadlink-manager/files/Windows%207/Version%201.0.0.1/

The great thing is that it doesn't require you to install the permission invasive Broadlink apps (eControl or IHC) !!

Just reset your device via the reset pin until the blue light flashes quickly.
Then perform the same action again until the blue light flashes more slowly, you will now see a Wifi hotspot pop up named "BroadlinkProv"
Then connect a windows machine where you can run the Broadlink Manager app on to connect with the "BroadlinkProv" access point that has been initiated by your device.
You are now able to connect via direct-Wifi to your Broadlink device and use the Windows app provided via the link to set up the SSID for your device and run it truly local.

My RM2 Pro was cloud-locked (even though I had initially used IHC to set it up) and resetting it and re-initialising it this way did the trick for me.
Don't know if it works with RM4 though...

1 Like

@silvermane Nice! But how can I integrate it with Hubitat? Is there any driver for it? Thanks

Created a Pretty Generic version of the httpGetSwitch specifically for using with broadlinkgo
I update it as needed or requested

Setup is pretty easy, enter the "Base URI{ eg "http://192.168.1.1:8000/cmd"
Then populate the specific if commands in the fields (just ir cmd, no url needed)
I know its not perfect, but it the trick,

I am using https://github.com/mbudnek/google-home-hubitat-community to map between Hubitat and Googlie things. Workds pretty good !