Hubitat and Apple HomeKit Not executing

Oh, im not sure how to do that...what is HE side?

Hubitat Elevation. Does the zooz switch have a button attribute? have it export as that.

How does one edit to add button?

You don't. I was asking if it was on there. If you are using the zooz drivers, you could probably add that attribute to the driver (I don't program in groovy so I'm not sure what lines would have to go in). I run all Lutron Caseta so it all just works,.

Yea this is so weird - The HE is showing all the button presses I am making. The Home App is showing the devices and that is where I program what each button press should do.

There appears just no communication from the hub through z-wave to HomeKit to execute the command.

I have tried to restart HomeKit integration too and even the nuclear option and re-added the hub all together from scratch. just nothing seems to solve this mystery. It worked two times and nothing since.

Iv been messing around with all this stuff the last few days. I’m getting lost in your responses. Can we back up just a touch…

1 Are all of your devices Z Wave and/or Zigbee?

1. When looking inside the HomeKit integration in Hubitat, are your devices listed under “button”, or “switch”, or “dimmer?”

2. You mention Zooz scene controller button performing actions. Is your intent to have Hubitat control those actions and only have HomeKit act as another way to push the button? Or, are you expecting HomeKit to handle the action between the Zooz button and the end device?

3. Are you using a home-pod or Apple TV as your HomeKit hub?

1 Like
  1. I only have 1 z wave device at moment. This zooz switch I installed in bathroom.

2. It’s listed as a button under HomeKit integration.

3. Yes. My intent is for the buttons on the zooz scene controller to trigger scenes that are set up in HomeKit. So the automations are configured inside home app.

4, I currently have it set as a HomePod mini. I have several hubs both HomePod and appletv, but Apple decides which one it wants to use as hub. Currently it’s picking HomePod mini.

1 Like

There's a bug in current button implementation, to be fixed in the next 2.3.4 release. Sorry about that...

3 Likes

Tom And Jerry Reaction GIF

Well it sounds like the bug mentioned by Gopher may be your issue. But I was checking to make sure you had a hub as I have ran into people with no hub complaining about lag or unresponsive actions because HomeKit running on a wifi device like a MAC never works well.

The button actions you are trying to do I successfully completed a few times. I’m using the top button of my Zooz scene controller as my overhead fan and as a switch, so I had to create a virtual switch with a two way mirror to get the to work right. If you run into doing that, feel free to ping me.

1 Like

2.3.4.127 is out with the button fix.

2 Likes

Soooo the zooz now shows up as a switch for the main load but nothing now appears for the other 4 buttons on the switch. How do I edit those now in HomeKit?

In homekit, there should be a separate section for the buttons

Prior to this update, yes the four button options showed up under the main switch where it always is with HomeKit.

This update while it controls load just fine has now nerfed the button options for the zen32 zooz switch.

And this is both with the stock driver and the community developed driver.

Enable Show accessories classes and characteristics at the bottom. That will allow a choice between exporting it as a switch or as a button. You can't do both at the same time. A workaround is to create a virtual switch and hook it up with some basic rules to the real one.

2.3.4.127 changed the button export behavior. If something is a button and a switch, it's exported as a switch by default. It's overridable, just like it was in prior versions, but default selection is different now.

How does one select the button. I dont need to control the load or switch.

Open HomeKit integration app, scroll to bottom, make sure this toggle is on:

Then scroll to the device in question, click Button link and confirm selection.

that is what I was missing! thanks for educating me on how this UI for hubitat works.

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.