Hubitat and Apple HomeKit Not executing

Well it sounds like the bug mentioned by Gopher may be your issue. But I was checking to make sure you had a hub as I have ran into people with no hub complaining about lag or unresponsive actions because HomeKit running on a wifi device like a MAC never works well.

The button actions you are trying to do I successfully completed a few times. I’m using the top button of my Zooz scene controller as my overhead fan and as a switch, so I had to create a virtual switch with a two way mirror to get the to work right. If you run into doing that, feel free to ping me.

1 Like

2.3.4.127 is out with the button fix.

2 Likes

Soooo the zooz now shows up as a switch for the main load but nothing now appears for the other 4 buttons on the switch. How do I edit those now in HomeKit?

In homekit, there should be a separate section for the buttons

Prior to this update, yes the four button options showed up under the main switch where it always is with HomeKit.

This update while it controls load just fine has now nerfed the button options for the zen32 zooz switch.

And this is both with the stock driver and the community developed driver.

Enable Show accessories classes and characteristics at the bottom. That will allow a choice between exporting it as a switch or as a button. You can't do both at the same time. A workaround is to create a virtual switch and hook it up with some basic rules to the real one.

2.3.4.127 changed the button export behavior. If something is a button and a switch, it's exported as a switch by default. It's overridable, just like it was in prior versions, but default selection is different now.

How does one select the button. I dont need to control the load or switch.

Open HomeKit integration app, scroll to bottom, make sure this toggle is on:

Then scroll to the device in question, click Button link and confirm selection.

that is what I was missing! thanks for educating me on how this UI for hubitat works.

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.