Hubigraphs 4.8 (The Final Chapter)

From memory you have to choose the attribute template. You then select the attribute from a drop-down list that appears on the right hand side. Can't remember for sure which attribute it was, but hopefully you will figure that part out.

And welcome aboard btw

thanks--its a minor nit and the beauty of the gauges and graphs far outweigh this one thing. thanks for creating it!

yes, choose one of the 2 bottom attributes (not a template) for the device, either title or no_title

2 Likes

you guys rock, thank you so much, I see it now. I didnt realize the dropdown for attribute changed based on the device. I thought it was a generic list of level, volume, etc. Its getting there!

1 Like

I've started seeing weirdness with Weather Tile 2. The behavior is that changes to the tile don't persist. For example, I change the decimals from 2 to 0 on the "Current Temp" item, and it stays at "83.3" on the display (vs "83"). I remove the Sunrise item, hit save, then go back...and Sunrise is there again.

In the logs, I see:

2020-10-17 03:12:57.381 pm debugcurrent.rain.1h: Cannot find data: java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property '1h' on null object

I've uninstalled and reinstalled (via HPM), to no avail. Installation seems like it works, Creating the token seems like it works, but editing the tile doesn't.

This is repeatable in Chrome and Edge (I know, that's still Chrome based, but it's my only other choice).

For reference this was working fine, but broken sometime in the past few weeks.

Hmmm. Looks like an issue with something not saving. The issue you are seeing with rain.1h should not make a difference. This is simply OpenWeather “not reporting rain”. Does the error coincide with the issue?

The place to log for errors is on the debug screen of the webpage. It is probably in the JavaScript... when my computer gets back next week I’ll take a look.

The only debugI can see from the forecast tile itself is
app:4282020-10-17 04:30:47.995 pm debugUpdating Name to Hubigraph Forecast Tile
Clearly not exciting. :slight_smile:

Chrome shows (when loading/editing the tile):
DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for http://192.168.10.246/local/gridstack.css.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE ba8d5ae0-1fbd-430a-b…-WeatherTile2.js:14 Got Options ba8d5ae0-1fbd-430a-b…-WeatherTile2.js:15 {tile_units: {…}, openweather_refresh_rate: "300000", tiles: Array(20), tile_type: {…}, new_tile_dialog: {…}, …} ba8d5ae0-1fbd-430a-b…-WeatherTile2.js:49 {tile_units: {…}, openweather_refresh_rate: "300000", tiles: Array(20), tile_type: {…}, new_tile_dialog: {…}, …} ba8d5ae0-1fbd-430a-b…-WeatherTile2.js:54 Refreshing OpenWeather Forecast at 5 minutes

It looks like this is really the issue, some XSS Chrome is catching:
ba8d5ae0-1fbd-430a-bae0-bb5c0bd17ebd-WeatherTile2.js:760 Uncaught DOMException: Blocked a frame with origin "http://192.168.10.246" from accessing a cross-origin frame. at updateGroovy (http://192.168.10.246/local/ba8d5ae0-1fbd-430a-bae0-bb5c0bd17ebd-WeatherTile2.js:760:59) at saveWindow (http://192.168.10.246/local/ba8d5ae0-1fbd-430a-bae0-bb5c0bd17ebd-WeatherTile2.js:536:5) at HTMLButtonElement.onclick (http://192.168.10.246/apps/api/428/graph/?access_token=013458e0-9e02-4f3f-9f9f-4cdff5e7789e:461:180)

That error points to line 760 in WeatherTile2.js, which is:
let el = jQuery("#settingstile_settings_HTML", parent.document);

192.168.10.246 is the Hubitat, and yes, the NullPointerException does correspond to loading/editing the tile. (I get a log basically every time I load the tile editing page).

So, this is strange. The code that you referenced is indeed broken. One question; are you editing the tile on the “Configuration” screen? That bit of code updates the groovy when you make a changes. It is designed to be run from within the iframe on the configuration screen. Screenshot?

I'm editing it from the configuration screen, yes. Is there any another screen I can edit it from?

That screenshot is where I'm editing it.

Yep; that’s the one. Something has changed... I know WHAT the issue is (due to your excellent debug/description), I don’t yet know why... what happens when you try to add a tile?

Oh...interestingly if I add a tile to a dashboard, I can edit it there (e.g., change decimal places, remove elements, move elements around). That change is saved, and if I go to the config screen, it reflects the edits I made on the dashboard.

I guess that's an okay workaround...weird, but at least it's not totally broken. :slight_smile:

Yes; very weird, but I think I know the issue now. The “hidden” text field is not being initialized on the webpage. Still have to figure out why...

I had a forecast tile that was working great for a few days and now I have a frowny broken tile. I tried reloading a new child app, but now the preview doesnt include any data in the configuration page. Any ideas?

Screenshot?

THis is in the setup menu, but looks the same in my dash
http://192.168.68.103/apps/api/302/graph/?access_token=e50ba47f-f907-4626-a273-346da190273b
This is after I rebuilt it. This morning I saw a gray square with a frowny face showing nothing.

Something happened with your connection to OpenWeather. You have too many hits (I.e. too many refreshes per day)? I would recommend WeatherTile 2 (which supports all of the functionality of Weather and Forecast Tile). It uses one instance of OpenWeather...

OK, is there a way to customize the big aqua squares? I couldn't see a way

OK I set up Weather tile 2 yesterday as well to try - it was working fine. now the dash tile is black and this is in the Device pagegraph error

Ok; to answer some questions; Weather Tile 2 is COMPLETELY configurable. You can drag/drop the tiles. You can modify/add tiles (by double clicking). You can resize the tiles and set fonts/icons. Literally EVERYTHING is configurable.

You are probably getting an error 500 because the Child device needs to be reselected

Whoah, I didnt realize I could double click each tile within the tile and change them. that is FANTASTIC. So for others, click on the settings wheel at "Configure Tile - Desktop Only" and then double click on any square and an edit pops up

1 Like