Hub won't get an IP from new router

So my ISP modem/router/wifi is finally toast. I installed some brand new gear but my tp-link router won't assign an IP to my HE. I believe this is because in my network settings on my HE I did NOT have it set to DHCP. As such it won't assign an IP. Of course I am unable to connect to it, since I don't have an IP address. Any way to reset the network configuration?

Yes... on the bottom of your hub there's a tiny round network reset hole...

1. If you are accidentally blocked from accessing your hub due to an incorrect or unknown IP address setting, turn the hub over and use the point of a pen to press the small button just beneath the surface of the hub casing for at least 7 seconds.

If you are accidentally blocked from accessing your hub due to an incorrect or unknown IP address setting, turn the hub over and use the point of a pen to press a small button just beneath the surface of the hub casing for at least 7 seconds. All of the holes on the bottom of the hub are square in shape, but one hole is round. With the hub upside-down and the Ethernet port at the top, the round hole will be in the top row, sixth from the right.

That should reset the hub's network settings (and that's all it resets) and allow you access again. Common practice is to use a DHCP reservation on your router rather than setting the hub to a static IP.

PS: It's the only round hole amongst all those square ones.

5 Likes