Hub variables w/o connectors in dashboard

I appreciate your help.

Me and Hubitat may part ways.

Was this with the cloud link? Can you try again to check if it was resolved?

Unsorted variables still pending.

local

same error

So here's the interesting part if I go from the menu to the dashboard:

but if I use the local link from the dashboard child app:

So while the dashboard link looks like it is purely local, it is semi-acting like a cloud link (semi because background image is coming from the hub local file system.

Edit: this hub is registered for beta releases so if you need a test subject...

I am using a local link when I get the error. Maybe it works differently if there were variables authorized before upgrade as I am unable to get the first one in.

or the released version is broke and a previous beta version worked and allowed the variables to be added.

I just added those variables in before posting as I wasn't getting the dashboard to work with them prior. Hub [C7] is on the current production release (2.3.0.111).

maybe there are too many variables between hub setups lol.

anyway I tried from dashboard menu, local and cloud links and cellphone.

thanks for helping

What I'm seeing is that the Legacy Dashboard Links don't allow the variables to be added in the dashboards when used, but the Dashboard Direct Links work.

let me try

you are brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yes I agree and can get it to work from that link

1 Like

Shhhhhh, I'm trying to keep that a secret.
:rofl:

so is it working as designed or a problem? I do not want to change all my links throughout my dashboards.

I think it is a minor bug, and wouldn't change your links just yet (pending staff feedback).

1 Like

I really appreciate the assistance. I was prepared and would prefer to have been doing it the wrong way.

Variables not showing for legacy link is a bug, will be fixed on next release.

Thanks for fast response. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Seeing this same issue in the iOS Mobile app v1.2.4 build 126 with 2.3.0.112 even if you go Tools|Connect to Hub|Dashboards

Starting a thread under the iOS mobile app to track.

I am still getting

I have Hub variables

How do I add it to dashboard, can somebody provide step-by-step instructions?

Hubitat Elevation® Platform Version: 2.3.0.120

Hardware Version: Rev C-5

Did you authorize them under the dasboard child app before going to the dashboard?

2 Likes