Hub Variables option, on Settings menu, not working (error message)

Hi guys, I just noticed that when trying to access the Hub Variables option on the Settings menu I get an error message.

I already rebooted my C-5 hub with Rebuild option, but still get the error.

BTW, I just updated my Hub to 2.3.9.153 (Beta) and still get the error message.

Can you suggest a solution for this?

Thanks!

This might help:

If you don't have any connectors, removing the app is harmless; if you do, they'll break and need to be re-created unless Bruce is able to personally assist in that manner again.

If you know what caused the app to end up in this state, that might also be helpful for them to see if there is a way to prevent it in the future.

Sorry for my ignorance, what is a connector? How can I determine if I have any?

They are devices "tied" to the variable that you would have created on the Hub Variables page on the first place. They are sort of a legacy feature that can be used by apps that don't directly support hub variables. If you don't think you do, you probably don't, but checking your Devices page for connectors would tell you for sure (actually so should going to the App Status page mentioned in that other post, even if you don't use it to delete the app--it will list child devices).

1 Like

Can you guide me? What should I look for to find if I have connectors or not? Both on the Device page and the App page?

As you say, if I don’t know what a connector is, maybe it’s because I don’t have any.

Just want to make sure.

Thanks

I'd say: follow the instructions in the post I linked to above to get to the App Status page for your Hub Variables app/page. Then see if you have a "Child Devices" section at the bottom of that page, in which case you'll have your connector devices listed there. Otherwise, you'll see "App has no child devices," in which case you're good to go with the above instructions.

Remember that you can make a backup of your hub at any time, which you may want to do before performing the above in case you decide you want to revert.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.