Can’t access Hub Variables

All of a sudden, I’m not able to access Hub Variables. I’ve tried a shut down. C-5, Platform 2.3.3.121. No recent updates or changes to my system.

@bobbyD or @bravenel Could one of you help?

I expect you may need to provide more information about the app / variable setup. Are you able to provide screenshots or at least info on the app where you are trying to use the variable? And details on the setup of the variable itself?

@sburke781 I’m not able to open the built-in Hubitat Hub Variable app where hub variables are created, displayed and deleted.

Do you have any hub variable connectors? If not, there's a workaround you can do (deleting the app) that will probably let you back in. If you do, I believe this would delete them and break any app using them, so it's probably preferable to avoid.) Staff might be able to make something of the error log you provided though.

2 Likes

Do you have any / many connectors? If not there is a way to recover from it. If you do have connectors, send me a PM about getting this fixed.

Sorry @bertabcd1234, didn't see your post.

With no connectors, it is possible to remove the Hub Variables settings-app, which should clear the error and make Hub Variables work again. Doing this is non-destructive of Hub Variables, but would create a problem with connectors (there is a fix for this, but subject would be PM).

To remove the Hub Variables setting app, you need to edit the URL on its page (even if throwing an error), from this:

To this, substituting your hubs' IP address and the appId number (25043 in screenshot).

Screen Shot 2022-10-06 at 4.41.15 PM

Then, on the page that comes up, lower right, you can Remove Hub Variables. Once this is done, relaunch Hub Variables and it should be fine.

PM to me for how to deal with connectors should you have them.

2 Likes

I’ve only got one or two hub variables.
I’m not sure if I have any connectors.

See post above. See if you have a device named Variable Connectors. If not, good to go with instructions above.

I don’t have a device named Variable Connectors, but I have Rule Machine Connectors:

Follow the steps above.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.