Hub update 2.2.1.113 breaks two of my device connections

Updated to 2.2.113 last night and two of my devices, both Remotec ZDS-110NA z-wave switches, are no longer controlled by the hub. The device page updates their status when I physically press the button on the device, but none of the hub controls work.

Device: Remotec ZDS-110NA (I have two more of these that still work fine, which is even more strange.)
Names: "Baby humidifier" and "Baby air purifier" (I have other "Baby [device]" names that work fine, but they're a zigbee rgb bulb and lutron devices)

Actions:

1. I removed/readded one of the devices - didn't work
  2. I downgraded the hub back to 2.2.0.132, restored from backup, and removed/readded the same device. Everything started working fine!
  3. I re-upgraded to 2.2.1.113 and those two exact same devices broke!

For now I'll re-downgrade, but I figured I'd put this up in case it's useful.

Any ideas?

1 Like

What driver are you using? Built-in or user?

I knew I'd forget something! They're using the built-in generic z-wave switch driver.

1 Like

Update: when I switch it to the Generic Z-wave Dimmer driver it works! So, still broken, but there's a workaround.

This makes sense as the other two Remotec ZDS-110NA devices are configured as dimmers (there's a physical switch on it to choose switch or dimmer).

1 Like

Same problem here with my Fibaro Smart Implant :frowning:

Hey.. Can y’all send me some logs with debugging turned on?

@bcopeland, chris fixed it on his end for the Smart Implant.

.... Wait .... Your staff now ? Congratulations !

I was wondering why so many of the new drivers were exactly like your library of drivers :wink:

4 Likes

Almost baby bed time here; I'll try to get you some tomorrow! I'm trying to remember exactly when in the process, but I know that at one point when it wasn't working I looked at logs and saw...nothing. But I'm probably remembering wrong. In any case, tomorrow it is!

1 Like

For any body out there with issues with Fibaro switches, maybe try the following.
It may work with other drivers as well. I don't know.

Folks.
To resolve this go into the driver code and change all instances of multichannelv3 to multichannelv4.

This fix is courtesy of @christi999 .

1 Like

Hi @bcopeland

These logs are for a Zooz Zen30 (double switch). The dimmer part isn't working for on/off commands using 2.2.1.113. On the other hand, setLevel(100) and setLevel(0) work perfectly.

Please let me know what else I can provide.

which driver is this using?

1 Like

built-in "Zooz double switch".

Edit - I knew I forgot seomething. Sorry about that.

checking

1 Like

FWIW, I got three of these showing the exact same behavior.

Ok.. I see the issue

1 Like

submitted a fix

1 Like

Great! Do you think the fix will apply to my issue too, or would you still like logs from me?

Is it the same device?

Not the same as the zooz, my issue is with the remotec using the generic zwave switch driver. I just couldn't tell if your fix reply was specific or more general to the thread :slight_smile:

Logs incoming!

EDIT: ah, looks like mobile view makes it harder to see what messages are replying to who, my bad!

@bcopeland here are the logs -- this is my first time submitting, let me know if I need to redo anything!

With the device set to use the Generic Z-wave Switch driver, I performed these actions in order:

• Physical device button on, then off
  • Hubitat device page buttons
    -- on
    -- off
    -- flash
    -- configure
    -- poll
    -- refresh
    -- on
    -- off

Nothing happened on the actual device (it stayed off the entire time, with the exception of the physical on switch, which worked fine)

Any reason you would need logs of it working with the dimmer driver?