Hub Update 1.1.5

Could you show a screenshot of this rule? Simple Lighting was not changed in 1.1.5, but something else might be causing it.

Going back to the 1.1.4 and no other changes fixed it and it’s working. I may try to install the 1.1.5 latest if I have time later.

What brand/make of device is Garage?

I notice in your app status page that it has scheduled to turn off the Garage. Did it fail to come on? If so, it would seem that something is up with that device, as it must have responded to the motion sensor going inactive to schedule "doAntiAction".

It’s not fixed with a re update
The device is a aeon wall switch which is activated by a motion detector. Motion in garage returns on overhead lights, 5 min of no motion turns the lights off. If I roll back to 1.1.4 I’m fine. Update to 1.1.5 and it doesn’t work the motion registers, I can operate the light from the dashboard, but the motion doesn’t turn on the light.

Would you turn on Logs and try this, see if anything shows up in the Logs.

Not sure if this belongs here or somewhere else.... it has to do with problems with the added Aeotec Smart Switch 6 driver

Changed my drivers for my 6 x Oomi Plugs (rebadged Aeotec Smart Switch 6 device) to Aeotec Smart Swich 6 from Dome On/Off plug.

I can't seem to get some of the Preferences to stick. eg LED Night Light Color, and LED Mode. If I select "No Selection" and Save, it just automatically changes back to White [DEFAULT]. Same situation if I change LED Mode to No selection.

There is also a strange situation where some of the plugs report the voltage as 353v vs 240v

Showing 240v

Showing 352v

Also, how long should the syncStatus Pending Changes take to change?

Just curious After you changed the driver did you click the Configure button?

I am pretty sure I did on all of them, but will go and do it again for the 6 of them to make sure.

Can’t hurt or maybe it can. But I would try it.

I can confirm that they have selected Configure and also Refresh on all 6 plugs.

1 Like

As soon as I install 115 this simple lighting no longer works. As soon as I downgrade back to 126 the rule works perfectly

This is from the working .126 install

That's quite odd. Earlier when you first brought this up, I had asked you to turn on Logs and see what was going on with each device. Could you do that.

What's odd is that the screenshot you showed previously had the state variable installedCapabs showing several. Now, in your latest screenshot that variable is empty.

Yes, the empty viable is the 115 with no other changes. Somehow the variables don’t come over from the 126 firmware.
Do you want me to install the 115 and turn on the logs or turn on the logs with the installed 126. And where exactly do I turn on logging. I can see logs - show all has a lot of devices to select and see each.

Thank you.

What would be best is if you would load 1.1.5. In a separate tab of your browser open the Logs page -- things will just start logging there. Then open the app that isn't working, and hit Done. Then trigger the motion and see what happens. Shortly after you do that, whether or not the light comes on, open the app status page (like you did above) and take a screenshot of the bottom half of it, where the subscriptions, state, and scheduled jobs are shown. Then, over on the Logs page, you can click on a device on the top part of the page to isolate it's logs from the mass of logs. I'd like to see the log for the motion sensor and for the light that's not coming on. Wait for the period of time that the light would stay on -- 5 minutes, for this last step. For the intermediate step of the app status page, do it within that 5 minute window.

Well it worked one time turned the light on and off after 5 min no motion. then the rule lost its capabilities and didn’t work the second time on nor off.

I was wrong about state.installedCapabs. It is irrelevant, and the app sets it to empty every time you hit Done.

There are too many screenshots without labels to know what's showing what, relative to your description.

What I need to see is two isolated logs for the period right around the time the light does not come on: the motion device log and the garage light log. It would help for troubleshooting purposes if you changed the time from 5 minutes to 1 minute. Clear the logs, trip the motion, wait one minute, take screenshots of the device isolated logs.

Updated to 116 and having the exact same problem with a simple motion lighting rule. The garage Motion turns on lights and back off after 5 minutes of no motion. As soon as I upgrade past 114 the whole operation quits working. Now with 116, I deleted the SL rule and re-did it. Motion on works but nothing happens after my specified time. The motion sensor “flashes” but that info never gets from the device to the switch to activate the light. Dropping back to 114 instantly fixes the problem and motion active - light comes on, no motion for 5 min - light goes off. I have deleted, redone the rule multiple times. There absolutely positively has to be something that changed from 114 firmware that is not the same in SL in the newer FW. But deleting, removing and rebuilding, rebooting the hub does not allow the rule ( motion on, none off ) to work above 114.

It appears from your logs that the app is never being fired from the motion active event. This could be a driver issue. I'm investigating to see if there were changes made to the Zooz 4-in-1 Sensor driver in 1.1.5 that could have broken it.

Ok,
Just to add. The motion detector “flashes” red to indicate motion. But that motion and ( non motion - 5 minutes later ) don’t activate ( deactivate) the light. I rolled back to 114 and rebooted. As soon as the hub reboots, the simple lighting rule works fine. I update again - and it doesn’t work. I remove the SL rule, reboot, rebuild the rule ( on 116 ( or 115 ) and it doesn’t work. I roll back to 114, reboot and the rule works fine. I even went in and opened - saved every device and app with 115 and again on 116 and this rule is the only one ( that I know of ) that doesn’t work. Then back to 114 - reboot and walk into the garage and it’s again working fine. I’ve tried multiple times (115 and 116) and this rule just doesn’t work, although in dashboard on 116, I can operate the light with the dashboard and “see” all the sensors from the zook