Hub unresponsive - Blue LED - Dead in the water

My hub is completely unresponsive. I can not access any page. Eventually any attempt results in a browser window time out.

What was I doing?
No changes were made. Hub was working this morning. Left for Turkey Day, came home to a house in a mess.

The blue LED is lit on the device. Solid state.

I have tried to reboot by pulling the plug (again can not get to the software reboot option- hub completely locked, first under normal conditions. That got the device to work for 1 action. Then it completely locked again. Next I tried rebooting with the USB stick removed, just in case that might help. Same result. This time I focused on a wifi device (USB stick still removed). Regardless, loaded ecobee thermo and then it locked again. Attempted a third reboot (again pulling power supply) and basically same result. This time I never even got into a device.

Any idea?

FYI: had the most recent version sitting in the queue to update. IE I was on V2.x, but not the .104 (I think it was).

Oh wow ... submit a support ticket to support@hubitat.com . Someone is usually floating around here, but I hope someone is more responsive at support. They're usually pretty quick to respond. Hopefully you won't wait long on a holiday.

Thanks April. I did both to cover both approaches for help. :slight_smile:
System taking a big hit in my wife's eyes right now. Its funny what you get used to (being automated) to then not have it working.

My husband is the same. Sorry that it's happening to you. I've had some electrical issues this past week and we've had some switches without power. Waiting on an electrician and our system has been slow because they're not repeating well without those switches. Think of it this way, though, she's beating it up because it's not working. Not because you put it in. THAT is your win. Just remember that. :slight_smile: I hope they respond quickly. That will be in your favor too. I'l be following your post.

While you are waiting for support. Anything you did the last couple of days to the system? Hardware added or new apps installed?

1 Like

Please don’t reboot more often than 15 20 mins, if the hub is trying to rebuild/rewind a dB you need to give it time.

2 Likes

This is good to know! Thanks for putting that out there. Should maybe pin that somewhere. In my experience, not many people have that kind of patience when they can't see what's going on.

1 Like

@Navat604
nothing today.
yesterday - I THINK the only thing I did was update my simplisafe driver over from SS2 to SS3 as I updated my system. And then that required update to a handful webCore updates as the SS API changes from lowercase 'away' to uppercase 'AWAY' status strings and I had not written case insensitive.
Tuesday - I can not recall. Likely I did work yes. I am still in the process of converting from ST, so lots of delta each day. :slight_smile:

thanks. I was giving 30 mins between reboots just in case. Seems like while fruitless currently, it was the right idea.

hopefully the hubitat team is not taking Black Friday as vacation. :slight_smile:

Most likely. Maybe pause the pistons and try again.

2 Likes

You can also try loading your backup before the changes.

how? :slight_smile:

webcore dead to me today (figuring this is related).

note, I am NOT running webcore on an RPi or anything custom. my use of webcore is straight up standard.

1 Like

Under setting/backup and restore.

can not get to settings, or backup and restore, or apps, or devices, or the home screen. completely dead. :frowning:

Not sure what else I can help other than trying to pause webcore.

yep, this is a fun one. going to be interesting to see what hubitat can do!

Seems like at the very worst a hub reset and db restore should get you going.

1 Like

@kraig109 check your PM

1 Like

33 minutes for BobbyD. Not bad for a holiday. Hope you get it restored quickly @kraig109