Hub-to-Hub Migration

I have a problem with a C-7 hub and I bought another C-7 to replace it.

I want to subscribe to be able to use the Hub-to-Hub Migration. Since i won't use the first hub anymore after the migration, do I have to subscribe on the first one or can i subscribe only the new one ? I don't want a subscription on the one i will throw away. I'm not sure if I have choice to subscribe to only one of them or I have to do it for both ?

Have you explored the issue with this hub thoroughly with Hubitat Support (or the community forum)?

Tagging @bobbyD.

1 Like

I wrote to support one week ago and got no answer.

It was working for many weeks. But now, many times per day i cannot control a thing over ZWave. I have to shutdown the hub, then unplug it and replug it for my zwave devices to work. And then later during the day, same thing happens.

You should have got an automated response with a ticket number. Did you not get that?

1 Like

This is an issue with your zwave network. It is not a hardware issue. My guess is that you have zwave ghosts that need to be removed.

There are z-wave experts here who can guide you through that process.

For now, in the community, I'm tagging @thebearmay and @JasonJoel

1 Like

When I look into ZWave Details, it's clean and I have no entry not assigned to a device.

..and all of those entries have good looking in/out clusters?

1 Like

2 ZWave Zooz Plugs have nothing under cluster, just IN: OUT:

Those would be a problem then - sounds like they didn't completely finish the pairing process. May be partially functional, but at other levels won't be properly responding. I'd try removing those, excluding, and then re-including them.

4 Likes

Zwave is not working anymore so I will have to shutdown and reboot before. I'll try it.

Thank's

1 Like

Ditto. Until you resolve the "ghost" devices (the ones with nothing in "in") your zwave mesh will behave poorly.

It can be challenging to remove the ghost devices sometimes without an external USB stick/PC based zwave software, but give it a try on the hub 1st.

2 Likes

I'll try the regular way and I also have a USB stick so if it does not work I'll ask you how.

I was able to remove the 2 faulty devices. I won't add them until I'm sure everything is fine. I'll see today and let you know if it fixes my problem. Luckily I did not buy the second hub. :slight_smile: Thank's

1 Like

The problem came back. I am unable to control Zwave devices. I tried different brands. All clusters seem to be ok, I rebooted the hub after removing the faulty devices. It was working for about 15 minutes. Any idea after that ? I

Next step for me is to look for "chatty" devices, Do you have any devices that do a lot of power reporting or polling?

1 Like

Can you post a screenshot of your z-wave details page?

I have 2 other Zooz Plugs (I had 4 but just removed 2). They report often the power. Should I try to remove them ? It was working for many months and suddenly stopped working fine.

Edited: I change the power reporting from 30 seconds to 5 minutes.

Humm, i have 10 pages in zwave details.

Without seeing the details, suggestions intended to help are reduced to guesswork.

No problem but I don't know how to show you these pages