Hub stuck on checking for updates

When I check for an update in the settings, no update ever appears. it just continues to check for an update indefinitely. Help?

Do you have a firewall or something set up on your router blocking ports?

This is actually for my neighbor's hub. He is not as familiar with this sort of thing. But, to answer your question, I don't think he has set anything up like that. Although I will need to check.

I'd bypass any router they may have and connect it directly to the internet to see. Sometimes the isp will block things, but it's unlikely unless your neighbor rents their router equipment. also try incognito mode in chrome. Maybe something else is preventing them from getting there.

Have you tried rebooting the hub? This issue has come up a few times for example:

Yes I've tried that a number of times. In this instance, the update does not get stuck once it starts - the issue is that the check for whether an update is available never ends. So the update never starts.

Hum ok maybe try bring it to your house and plug it into your network to rule out a network firewall issue?

1 Like

Have you shut down the hub?

Shut down/pull power cord/wait a minute/restore power.

Probably not going to resolve but worth a try.

What hub model and ahat version is the hub currently on?

Use the diagnostic tool: Hubitat Diagnostic Tool | Hubitat Documentation

Click download latest version.
Once that is done Click Restore Previous Version (can also be used to update).
Install newest version.