Hub stops working

No, I meant exactly what I wrote - a soft reset. It should be done exactly as described in the Hubitat online documentation.

https://docs2.hubitat.com/user-interface/advanced-features/soft-reset

1 Like

Sorry yes that was mentioned. If I do that then I think I have to include all the Zigbee devices is that right
All my apps and info like rule machine will be restored with the backup
Correct
I get a little nervous doing this when its taken so much of my time:)

No.

Please read the documentation link that I included.

A soft reset takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. It’s purpose is to clean up your hub’s database. No devices will have to be paired again.

2 Likes

Just finished
Thanks but the soft reset didn t make a difference
Update
I guess I was to fast to test. After a few min seems to be working now. Ill keep an eye on it
Thanks
2nd update
Didnt last long its back to not working. I posted at the link above

On your UDM settings is MSS clamping set for auto? And we already confirmed jumbo frames is off. I gotta admit I'm grasping at straws with this one but I got nothing left. As I understand it MSS is to layer 4 what MTU is to layer 3. @rlithgow1 can probably wax prolific on the subject.

1 Like

Thanks but if you could give me a little more to go on. Where do I find this setting

From the network console click on the devices icon, then select your UDM, then select the Services dropdown. Pretty sure these are the default settings. Worth a quick look-see though.

1 Like

OK sorry, your talking router. I cant find those settings in mine
Thanks anyway

One cause for random lockups from other users has been power issues, swap the power block and USB cord out. Any 1A or greater block will work. Old iPhone blocks work great and are nice and tiny.

Also I think even one user swapped out the Ethernet cord and solved an issue by doing that, but have been a different issue.

1 Like

Ive changed the power supply and the cord as well as the ethernet cord
Just looking at these logs what are all the errors

Click on the app number to the left of the log line, or click on where it says "warn" and see what app it is. Something is not configured right and trying to hit websockets. Could possibly be what is crashing the hub if that keep going on like that constantly.

Also, do you have a static IP set on the hub? If so do you have the DNS configured correctly?

2 Likes

OK hub was not set to static IP but is now thanks
I'm not sure about the DNS do I leave what's there or change it
8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4, 1.1.1.1, 1.0.0.1, 9.9.9.9
The errors in the logs - I use Hubitat to talk to EventGhost installed on another Lan computer the computer is only on from 8 am to 11 pm so when it shuts off that's when I get the errors
Other than that Im still loosing device control in Hubitat

Format it as 1.1.1.1, 8.8.8.8 and his save. Sometime it will seem like it's there but it isn't then your hub loses access to the internet.

Thanks will do. Other than the small problem of lost device control :slight_smile: I now also have a problem loading WebCore. It says there is a problem loading dashboard data, If the problem persists then log out.
I think I'm regretting moving from Smartthings
Rick

You need to post on the webcore thread. @nh.schottfam is very active there and can help with the migration. Another thing to look at is this thread...It will help avoid some gotchas. Are you new to home automation or Hubitat or coming from a different platform such as Wink, SmartThings or Vera? This may help!

Thanks, you gave me that link before. I appreciate it and have read it.
WebCore not displaying properly is this not a Hubitat problem? WebCore has worked for weeks up until today.
But I will post as you suggest
I still would like to solve my problem with lost device control

Were you able to get all of the devices resolved as @aaiyar advised? Looks like you were partway through when you started having connectivity issues.

I was able to delete 3 out of 4 ghost devices if that's what your referring to

in the logs y do I get this error whenever I turn this light on or off. If I click on it that takes me to Hubitat - apps thats lists all the devices that Google Home uses

Sounds like you need to re-authorize google Home. Its having some sort of problem connecting to it. Possibly also related to DNS issues.

Also, the suggestion above was to make sure you were on DHCP and now you have switched it to a static IP, probably wont help anything, but might cause more issues if not setup correctly.

1 Like