Hub restarting multiple times per day

The 64-bit Zigbee MAC address (also known as the extended address or IEEE address) never changes, however each time you reset and rejoin a Zigbee device it will be assigned a new 16 bit address ('short' address); the hub remembers the IEEE address of a previously joined device but still assigns a new 16 bit short address (at least that's what I'm seeing on my hub). You can see both addresses in the device list under the 'DNI' column.

2 Likes

I did know all that but was trying to simplify it because the OP doesn't need to know that. If they reset and repair the device due to the MAC it will put it back in the same address slot that was used before. Where as z-wave doesn't

1 Like

OK. I just figured it was useful to bring up because discussions about 'ghost devices' involve short addresses (you may see multiple unique short addresses that stem from join attempts by a single 'real' device).

4 Likes

This is important because in logs only 16 bit addres is seen and could be an old device which was reseted by me and now has a different address.

3 Likes

Hello all
After some time I did not manage to get rid of the restarts :frowning:

I moved all the lights to a hue bridge and this solve the problem with ghosts devices.
After that still a lot of restarts per day
So I decided to do a full reset. I added only a few of my devices, but I still have a lot of restarts.

One strage think which happend was: I had a remote with one of the buttons toggle a group of lights.
But when I press it, it turn on all of my switches in the house. More strange also turn on 2 switches which were not register to hubitat after full reset.

Is there other reset like restore to factory seetings? Becuse it seems like full reset did not make a good job.

I hope is not an hardware problem.
Or has anyone any other ideea?

Thanks a lot

I would try resetting the remote. It looks like it has been associated with all your devices. I doubt the remote is your issue however. I would contact support again, letting them know what you have done.

1 Like

Hi, I have had the same issue (hub rebooting randomly once or twice a day) for 2 months now, ticket opened and no answers from support... (request 15700)

Nothing for me either. I remove a lot of my devices, added a philips hub for all bulbs but still restarting. I do not have much time now but but this is not a situation which I will find acceptable.
Multiple restarts per day, no way to find out why. I thought about buying a new hub, maybe is an hardware issue or a different brand :frowning:

Sounds like your hub cannot possibly be in real-time use with it having to endure multiple restarts each day so perhaps to get to the bottom of your issue you should remove ALL devices and drivers and add only 1 or 2 devices that use HE inbuilt drivers. ( of course you would have taken a backup, so no loss)
If the HE hub stays running for more than 1/2 a day with only 1 or 2 devices from the Compatible device list, then you’ve gained important information.
Either a hardware issue or a software issue.