Hub restarting multiple times per day

All
My hub is restarting like 10 times per day. I contacted the support team and the were able to see that I have a zigbee device which hub try to remove but is not in device list. Unfortunately they can't see any other info about this device.

1. Does any of you knows a way to find out more details about a bad device in a zigbee network.
  2. Lets say I start disconnecting devices, how can I even test that I found the problem without waiting to see if my hub restarts again?
  3. Is an easy way to reset the hub and have back existing devices?(in case I need a factory reset)

Thanks
    Larry

I have not done a Zigbee reset and do not know what the overall implications might be to any rules you have set up. I would check back with support.

1 Like

yes, support is still working on it. I was open this thread because is a big community and maybe someone else had a simmilar problem or have some ideeas to try.

Maybe some hardware which can give me some info about a zigbee network?

Without some idea of what devices you have, how many etc. it isn't something you could intelligently help with. Even with something like an Xbee connected, I'm not even sure what you could see or do.

Quote from support:
"The only thing I know about this device, is that its 16 bit address is 0557 and that it sends frequent commands to your hub's radio."

That is meaningless to me. If support is working with you, I would continue to do so. Doing something rash could wipe out everything. Hopefully they find some way to help.

Does your hub stay up long enough that you can look at the Zigbee Details page to see if you can identify the device?

Or does it not appear in that list?

it does not apear in that list. And yes my hub stays up few hours without crushing

And it does not appear in the routing list?

http://{your hub fqdn or ip address here}/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Very strange!

If the device doesn't show up in the device list, have you tried doing a Zigbee discovery?

Unfortunately no, :slight_smile: but is first time I see this link. I learnd a new thing - thanks

But now as I look for other devices in this routing table I saw not all my devices are there. Should be or not everithing is displayed?

Unfortunately, the only thing that can be done is unplug or take the batteries out of unused / unaccounted Zigbee devices. It could be a daunting task, or it could be something that is sitting right in front of you on the table, as someone had found (I don't remember who the customer was)

Here is another thread on this topic:

3 Likes

I thought about unused devices since 2 days and nothing comes to my mind.
I also considered removing devices in batches but I do not have a way to know if I remove the bad one without waiting for hours to see if hub crushes.
If any of you know how can I see the logs support sees :slight_smile: then definitely I will disconnect devices until I do not see the bad one in logs

Here is what support sees :slight_smile: :

no device handler for Zigbee device with 64 bit address:null or 16 bit address: 0557

Yes, but I can not ask support after I remove one device after other if it still see the error. I will like to se myself this error log dispear :wink:

1 Like

It is on our developers' radar to add these to the user logs, but I do not have a time-frame when it might happen.

2 Likes

How many zigbee devices do you have? I wonder if you could do something like disable 5 at a time, wait and see if the problem seems to go away. If it does, start restoring those 5 one at a time . . . just thinking out loud . . . difficult problem.

2 Likes

If we will get in future is super