Hub restarting multiple times per day

And it does not appear in the routing list?

http://{your hub fqdn or ip address here}/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

Very strange!

If the device doesn't show up in the device list, have you tried doing a Zigbee discovery?

Unfortunately no, :slight_smile: but is first time I see this link. I learnd a new thing - thanks

But now as I look for other devices in this routing table I saw not all my devices are there. Should be or not everithing is displayed?

Unfortunately, the only thing that can be done is unplug or take the batteries out of unused / unaccounted Zigbee devices. It could be a daunting task, or it could be something that is sitting right in front of you on the table, as someone had found (I don't remember who the customer was)

Here is another thread on this topic:

3 Likes

I thought about unused devices since 2 days and nothing comes to my mind.
I also considered removing devices in batches but I do not have a way to know if I remove the bad one without waiting for hours to see if hub crushes.
If any of you know how can I see the logs support sees :slight_smile: then definitely I will disconnect devices until I do not see the bad one in logs

Here is what support sees :slight_smile: :

no device handler for Zigbee device with 64 bit address:null or 16 bit address: 0557

Yes, but I can not ask support after I remove one device after other if it still see the error. I will like to se myself this error log dispear :wink:

1 Like

It is on our developers' radar to add these to the user logs, but I do not have a time-frame when it might happen.

2 Likes

How many zigbee devices do you have? I wonder if you could do something like disable 5 at a time, wait and see if the problem seems to go away. If it does, start restoring those 5 one at a time . . . just thinking out loud . . . difficult problem.

2 Likes

If we will get in future is super

It is very normal for not all devices to be displayed in that view. I honestly don't find that web view useful for anything other than routers. I have maybe 40 zigbee devices (all working), and it never shows more than maybe 10 (direct and routed ones).

1 Like

powerevd one I think around 20-25. This will work but I need to be in contact with suport. For tha same reason I said before. There is no way for me to be sure the current disconected devices contain the wrong one without asking support to check logs.

I believe @Eric.C.Miller has the correct approach to solving your problem.
Your system is clearly not functioning so taking devices “down” should not be any issue.
The sooner you start, the sooner you’ll finish.
Good luck and please post your progress and success.

1 Like

If the rogue device is not listed, why not just make a manual inventory of the devices you have and compare it to the devices list on the hub?

3 Likes

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but removing devices from Hubitat isn't going to help. The problem is because of a device that has been DELETED from the hub but the device still thinks it's joined. So, you could remove 100% of your devices and you'd still have this problem. I would think what you need to do is review the list of devices and see what is missing. If you haven't removed any devices in the past few days, I don't understand how you got the problem, if a stranded device is the root cause.

I might be incorrect, but that isn't what is being suggested.

What's been suggested is for @laurian.cuzma to disable 5 zigbee end-devices (battery powered devices) at a time to see if the problem with HE stops. Doing so will narrow down the rogue unpaired device to a group of 5 that can be further narrowed down to one.

1 Like

I replied to the OP based on what he said he is planning on doing, since it doesn't seem anyone else is actually listening to him but talking among themselves.

Why? If the device is listed in Hubitat and it is updating regularly, then it, by definition, cannot be the problem. The problem is a missing device.

The device isn't being disabled in HE. It's being disabled by pulling the battery. It could be a device previously paired to HE, or one paired currently that is a misbehaving. Either way, pulling the battery should prevent it from causing the reported instability.

1 Like