Hub Protect Replacement Hub

Wow! now we know how you derived the pricing model :grinning:... you guys sat around a round table and somebody, probably Bruce came up with this one huh? LOL. For the record I think the pricing is good. I too though wished that the old hub that I was migrating away from didn't require paying the $20 for a year to sit in a box after it was migrated....

1 Like

ha, not really, that's just me backing into it LOL

4 Likes

why would this be true.. once you have migrated away from it.. you just don't renew it on that hub next time the renewal comes around.

Yes but you have paid $20 for the whole years subscription that cannot be transferred. Seems like a waste. I can see why the hub you are going to carries the value going forward. I paid it for the convenience.

ok to each his own.. but you are complaining about max of x amount of 20 left over.. say on average 10.00.. wow.. i have almost 100 zwave devices.. the benefit to me in order not to go through the gruelling re pairing is beyond compare.. i think the price is fair and probably maybe even too low.

they have chosen to have the subscription linked to the hardware which makes sense.. maybe in the future they will allow a transfer of your remaining subscription but that is extra implementation that does not have to be done which makes sense to me .

3 Likes

Thanks for the unnecessary attack.... If you read my post you would see that I stated "For the record I think the pricing is good." But you chose to pick the next sentence in my post "out of context"... I have 2 other hubs that I use that I would have loved to transfer that subscription over to. And also for the record I wasn't "complaining" just pointing out my opinion on one aspect of the pricing.

My thoughts exactly. I had between 60-70 z-wave devices; some in places that I didn't feel like crawling into. I would have happily paid five times the amount for a hub migration service.

Don't know about my time. But the lack of needing to contort my back or nurse an aching back makes Hub Protect an extremely good deal for me.

3 Likes

Ok I hear you but think of it like this. If you were to sell the c7 + a price for one years subscription + one migration I might buy a few right now. Maybe you would even have a Q of people wanting to do the same. It would be a brilliant combination and too good to turn down!

And what if the "+ one migration" was $20?

Oh wait... that is the same as buying protection on the old hub anyway... :wink:

2 Likes

@bravenel @bobbyD Is there anywhere that the terms for the Hub Protect are spelled out like a contract for services? I looked at the site from the subscriptions link and noticed in the sales page:

Hub Protect extends your Hubitat Elevation hub warranty for the duration of your subscription, subject to our Terms of Service.

Then in the checkout "Terms of Service" that must be agreed to it seems to contradict:

1. Warranties. CUSTOMER ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THE HUBITAT PLATFORM IS NOT FULLY DEVELOPED AND MAY HAVE ERRORS OR DEFECTS. HUBITAT DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SYSTEM WILL PROVIDE THE SPECIFIED SERVICE. CUSTOMER UNDERSTANDS THAT THERE ARE NO WARRANTIES WHICH EXTEND BEYOND THE FACE OF THIS AGREEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HUBITAT HAS NOT MADE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED

And I found nothing in this terms of service about any conditions where Hubitat will or won't replace a hub or provide any other services for someone subscribed to the service... Did I miss an addendum somewhere?

Yes of course.. make the price right and a limited offer which might result in getting loads of income very quickly rather than over a much longer period of time. I'd order 2 today.. otherwise what ever I decide to do might be all manually done and less income. Anyway I think I have made my case. It's their business model.

:man_shrugging:

I get it. That would be nice, though - I agree.

I'm sure they're taking all of that under consideration. If there is one thing I can confidently say about Hubitat, it is that they DO listen.

1 Like

No, simply that we didn't give the TOS the refinement it needs. We will honor what we've told you the deal is. One of these days, we'll get the legalese cleaned up. The intent is that the 90 day period spelled out in the TOS, is modified to cover the subscription period as well. And the 90 day period and the subscription period do not need to be continuous nor contiguous. Other than that, the Warranty spelled out in the TOS is the same warranty as the extended warranty provided by Hub Protect.

2 Likes

Let’s not get too excited now!!
:wink:

2 Likes

Speak for yourself!

I think the pricing is perfect and fair as is. Higher pricing would discourage take up.

2 Likes

Doesn't the phrase "I would have" commonly mean that I am speaking for myself? :laughing:

4 Likes

lol, touché :+1:

2 Likes

C'mon Derek, I wanted something more homespun and Aussie than touché :rofl:

2 Likes

Good on ya

2 Likes

Crikey, mate!

Fair suck on the sauce bottle!

:joy:

1 Like