Hub not responding

Woke up to no automations running and no response from hub. Its a C-4 and I have never had issues like this ever.

• I can ping the hub on my network
  • LED is Blue
  • I can go to portal.hubitat and see my hub listed with the correct IP
  • I cannot get to the diagnostic screen (I have tried with chrome and android app)
  • I cannot issue a direct reboot or shutdown command from the browser

Should I unplug??

I am at work now but will try any suggestions when I return home this afternoon.

As you can ping the hub (and I assume the LED is still blue) you should eventually be able to get to diagnostics, it will take some time as the hub will be extremely slow to respond.

1 Like

For these problems, which on my C4 happen way too often, I setup a z-wave switch to issue the reboot command which works well when the hub locks up and network access has failed.
I know it doesn't help now, but we can be prepared for next time.
What firmware version? I had to roll back to 2.2.0.126

1 Like

I think I am on 2.2.2.129? I rolled back from 2.2.3, hub was slow on that release

What does this do?

hubitat.local:8081

should I try to connect to it through that when I get home? Is it the same as the diagnostics page?

Yes.

1 Like

Yes I should try it? Or Yes its the same as diagnostics? Or both?, LOL

Yes, to both; if you can get to that page you will see the Reboot hub option.

2 Likes

Remember that you have to log on first using the MAC address of the Hub.

1 Like

I do?? Please explain.

You will be auto-logged-out after a short time.

1 Like

thanks, i cannot even get to the diagnostic tool but i will try using that method mentioned above.

Ok. Note that the diagnostic tool I have is version 1.0.75. Because you indicate you have a C-4, you may have an earlier version that might need to be updated. I’ve seen instructions here in the forums; I will poke around and see if I can find the update.

Edit: here are the instructions:

Missing Diagnostic Tool

The following two steps are required if you you do not have the newest "Hubitat Diagnostic Tool" installed, or otherwise don't see the Full Reset option when accessing it from port 8081.

1. Navigate to http://[Your Hub IP]/hub/cloud/updateDiagnosticTool and it will install the latest Hubitat Diagnostic Tool.
  • NOTE : Replace [Your Hub IP] with the IP address of your hub.
  1. Proceed to http://[Your Hub IP]:8081 and then continue following the steps in this document.

Here is the full documentation about the diagnostic tool:
https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat_Diagnostic_Tool

1 Like

Is there a certain way to enter mac address? Caps, no caps, with colons?

I do know that the format shown on the “Settings > Hub Details” page works:

MAC Address

34:E1:D1:80:6A:67

I just copy and paste this onto the Diagnostic Tool page.

1 Like

Ok thanks I'll try again, I am getting to the diagnostic page eventually but when it asks for mac and I enter it and press login it just sits there

What browser are you using? I believe that there is an issue with the most recent release of the Chrome browser. Try another browser. Also, try the diagnostic tool update link I posted above if your Diagnostic Tool version is not 1.0.75.

1 Like

Ok will do

AFAIK, only for HE discovery from the Hubitat portal. And even that only on the Windows platform.

It logged me in eventually just didnt wait long enough, Issued a shutdown command but again it is just sitting there, I will wait.....

1 Like