Hub Mesh - Physical On passed through?

This is a bit convoluted, but I saw this virtual thermostat that was posted in another thread. I am currently using the HE virtual thermostat and my own rule to control heaters in our bathrooms. I decided to give this one a try.

I haven't used my C7 for anything yet so I decided to install the Vthermostat on the C7 and then share the temp sensors and heater switches through the Hub Mesh. That part seems to work fine.

I wanted to set a rule such that if the heater switch in a bathroom was manually turned then set the thermostat to heat mode. I originally tried setting the RM rule on the C7 hub but it would not work. The switch logs would show that a manual event occurred to the heater switch but the rule would not trigger. It is a simple rule:

One trigger - Switch Physical on,
one action - set thermostat to heat mode.

So I went the opposite way I shared the thermostats from the C7 on the mesh and then added the rule to my C5 hub. This works.

An interesting side note is I can not export the above rule from either my C7 or C5 hub. When I click export the screen drops back to the rule machine main screen but never allows me to save it. Is there a minimum size for a rule to be exportable?

Anyway, is the fact that the physical on will not pass across the mesh a bug or just a know limitation of the mesh.

What versions are your two hub platforms?

If one is 2.2.4.148 or lower, and the other is .153 or higher, then you may have problems. Make sure both are 2.2.4.156

There is no minimum rule export size. It sounds to me that you may be missing the last step of clicking the Download button to save the rule.

All three hubs have the same version, the latest. Just updated them all yesterday.

I can export other rules just not that one. I did click download.

Just had another rule with the same issue. I have a light over my sink that when it is turned on manually, A GE/Jasco Z-wave plus switch, it should turn on the under cabinet Sylvania LED strips I have. This has worked for quite some time now. In my recent move of splitting between my C7 and C5 hub. I moved all the Kitchen lights from the C5 to C7.

When all the devices were on the C5 hub it worked, when I moved all the devices to the C7 and connected them to the C5 via Hub mesh the rule no longer triggered on a physical switch change.

I then exported and moved the rule to the C7. The rule then once again triggered on a physical change of the GE switch.

So it appears Physical switch changes are seen as a non physical changes on another hub. Which I guess makes sense, but it may limit what you can move via hub mesh.

@support_team is this a known limitation of the mesh?