Hub Mesh...not so much

OK, now that the hubs see each other, I've moved Hub 2 back out to the garage. They are still seeing each other now, with TCP turned on. I did move the MOCA ethernet onto the router that hub 1 is plugged into, which may have helped. They seem to still be seeing each other now, MOCA or not. And I just shared my first device! Thanks all for your help. It feels like initial set-up should be done side by side on the same switch, as simple as possible, on initial connection, before moving a new hub across a more complex network. Either way, it's all good now. Thanks! And I still love MOCA! I've tried all different types like network over power lines... and others...nothing gives me gigabit speeds except MOCA. It is perfect for my scenario. Thanks again all!

1 Like

One more question! Are there DOCS specific to hub mesh, and sharing devices/using shared devices. I don't seem to find much official docs, other than a lot of community feedback. Thanks.

Here's the official documentation:

Hubitat Documentation - extensively reworked by @bertabcd1234 very recently to coordinate with the release of platform 2.3.3

BTW, if your two hubs are on the same MoCA segment, then even UDP will work. It won't work across a MoCA segment, but will work within a segment.

I'm not sure what you mean by "moca segment". Should I try UDP again, since they have found each other? I'm afraid if they lose each other again, I'll need to bring hub two back into the house, to get them to find each other. It's a real headache with my wiring mess. What does the reduced speed of TCP mean for automation? Any difference or delays?

I’d leave them on TCP as it seems to have less issues…The speed difference isn’t anything you’ll notice.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.