Hub keeps locking up

Curious, I have a inovelli RGBW bulb using the inovelli driver. I don't use much so I'm not a good example of function.
However I just tested it and noticed two things looking at the Events Log:

1. when I change the color, the resulting events are the color #, a color name then nine more color numbers each within 100 milliseconds of the previous.

2. When I set color temperature to 4000 then 4011 gets reported. When I set color temperature to 5000 then 5009 gets reported (in the events).

I switched to the low bandwidth mode. Still having the problem with it locking up. It locked up 3 times today.

Ouch! Tagging @Eric_Inovelli, @ericm - any possibility of a firmware update that makes these bulbs less chatty?

i don't have any innoveli lights but my hub's been locking up frequently after the 2.2.1.113 update and even more frequently after 2.2.1.115.

I've e-mailed hubitat support but if anyone has any suggestions or gets further on OP's issue it may be helpful :slight_smile:

What do your logs show? Also - probably best to start a new thread because @natebradley's issue is apparently linked to iNovelli bulbs.

There's nothing in that update that would cause a lockup.

Easy to verify. Use the Hubitat Diagnostic Tool and roll back to 2.2.1.113

1 Like

I must admit whenever I see reference to the 'Hubitat Diagnostic Tool' I think of something that we can turn on/invoke to give us more information (diagnostics) to see what is going on and may be causing issues with the hub.
I see this more as 'Things to try to get your hub working' tool.
Just my opinion. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This will assist in his hypothesis that the hot fix caused the hub to lock up. So in this case, I’d call it a tool to help diagnose the problem, wouldn’t you?

1 Like

Spoken like a true staff member. They got the right guy for the job. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t name the tools, I just know what they’re for. :wink:

3 Likes

Yep. And that's even what it says it is. If there's misnaming going on, it's not SmartHomePrimer that put those words on the Page, I bet. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh heck, and I'm still trying to figure out the meaning of Diet. Is there documentation?
:rofl:

2 Likes

Yea, me too. Trying to reduce the number of hubs, maybe? :smiley: Won't find success around my place. :smiley:

1 Like

Should I worry? I ran the hotfix on both of my hubs last night. Seems to be running ok today.

Ok, I’m off my diet :wink:

Now you're... nothing
:sob:

An earlier suggestion. Better?

2 Likes

This is better, I think.
:grin:

Makes me sound more exciting than I actually am.

I’ll try this on for a while

You ARE exciting. If I can choose then I choose Diet. Gave me a chuckle.

1 Like