Hub error 500

Do we know what the soft reset actually does and are there any drawbacks of any kind?

I have not seen any drawbacks. All my historical data came back fine and all devices were still linked to the system.

I do believe it is doing something. I had an issue that the hub slowed down when I was browsing "old" system events. It would get stuck loading the pages.
After a softReset and the restore, that issue went away and all my old data was still there.

1 Like

Thanks.. I got it working.

I recently went from a single hub with 200 Zwave, Zigbee, telnet, and HTTP devices to 3 hubs where I have Zwave on one, Zigbee on another, and a coordinator with LAN and HTTP plus all devices from child hubs. I rebuilt most rules in 3.0 and was able to remove quite a few because of the conditional actions. No issues so far, knock on wood.

I just got this error on mine and I can’t use my Hubitat anymore. I’m not a database guru or network admin or Windows server admin. I came from SmartThings. This is a huge problem for me. If I don’t have back ups and habitat can’t make its own back ups(?). I guess I’m just screwed and have to start everything all over again. I’ll just go back to SmartThings and update my Amazon review accordingly.

Contact support, you will get an answer faster. User based forums aren't the quickest way to get back running again on a total failure. You really need to engage with support for that, as in these instances every case is unique.

I hope they are able to sort you out!

1 Like

There is an automatic DB backup done at 03:00 everyday. Your device information, I believe is held on the zwave/zigbee stick. Your are probably not in as bad a situation as you think.
Definitely raise a ticket to support though.
Tagging @bobbyD

Everything was wiped on reboot. Super pissed. This is the last thing that a customer should experience. Very amateur.

I see my last auto backup is from several days ago. I lost a lot of work. Maybe the restore will recover everything. How would I know. More importantly my security and automation was totally dead. I travel every week and would never have known or been able to fix remotely. I work in IT. I'd have big problems if my product acted like this.

This is why you should click this BEFORE any updates.
bu

Again, contact support to verify there are no other options.

I will say, though, that there seem to have been a lot more Error 500 issues lately. Has me a little concerned (although in the meantime I've been making daily-ish manual backups just to be 'safer').

Can anyone from Hubitat comment on this phenomenon? @chuck.schwer @bravenel @patrick ?

1 Like

Got all 3 hubs with them this morning after updating to 119 last night, one was completely dead, upon rebooting all was gone, now the restore backup has been running for about 45 minutes.....ya a bit concerning to say the least. Not restoring the other 2 until that one is fixed.

1 Like

I updated all 3 of my hubs to 119 yesterday, and all 3 are still working. I know that doesn't help you in the least - it is just an additional data point.

1 Like

I skipped the previous hot fix update, because I seen the posted issues, didn't see any as of late last night with this one so I thought I'd be good, guess I get to join the crowd.

FYI my last update was to 2.1.1.114

You should definitely contact support@hubitat.com

Definitely report it - if for no other reason than to make sure it is officially logged in the system.

Since we haven't seen any official comment from Hubitat on this, I have to assume they don't know what the issue is yet, and more logs/data may help them.

@jk12 While I have no affiliation with Hubitat, I am as confident as I can be that they would agree with you that this is NOT an acceptable thing to happen on the hub - and certainly not intended behavior.

2 Likes

How do you do this? Is there a direct url to the hub that triggers a backup? I would like to do this as well.

EDIT: nevermnd, I see someone posted it further down.

1 Like

Just to update everyone, we feel we have tracked down the source of these 500 errors and have pushed a hotfix to our beta test group to confirm the fix. We hope to deploy this hotfix very soon based on internal and beta testing feedback.

6 Likes

Is there anything we should or shouldn't be doing in the interim? I have not had the issues others have. I just made some offline backups tho just in case.

As always thanks!!!

E.

Won't do me any good, my hub is stuck here for over 2 hours so I cannot even update TO a hot fix. Ticket# 13483