Hub doesn’t recover from internet connection loss

C-8 Hub, platform version 2.3.7.145

Basically if my hub loses internet connectivity for a moment it fails to recover that connection despite all other network devices in the house succeeding. It requires a physical reboot to load up and successfully reconnect.

Networking gear is UniFi, connectivity is via WiFi. Device uses DHCP and UniFi gives it the same IP every time based on its MAC address.

I’ve seen multiple threads on this with no real solution.

The problem is I use cloud dashboard extensively to remote control things and that doesn’t work when the hub is offline.

This has been happening consistently for a year or two.

Would appreciate advice or ideally the solution if this has already been resolved.

Start by making sure your hub is on the latest platform version.

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately this has been a recurring issue for some people, but for sure update to the latest platform just in case that fixes it.

If it still is having the problems, the Hub Info v3 driver has a function to check the cloud connection periodically which you could then use to trigger a rule to reboot the hub. Its obviously a work around and not a real fix it but it would help you in the meantime.

I just setup a development C8 on Wifi today, I will try and see if I can reproduce it on my end at some point this week and post about it in the beta group if I can replicate it.

I’ll update the hub but it has been exhibiting this behavior for over a year and the hub has been relatively up to date.

A connectivity checker and rebooter will work, I guess that’s that for now :frowning:

Check this out: [RELEASE] Hub Information Driver v3

I think it has a cloud check and a DNS check, you could probably use either. Let us know if you need help setting up a rule. I know a few people already have such rules on their hubs.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m proficient with rules/etc so no problem there.

Honestly I was just hoping this was some mishap on my part and that the team has been able to fix something which causes the hub to randomly become unusable at times.

I think this is the first time in maybe 3 years I’ve found a problem with my Hubitat. It’s a testament to what a great product and community Hubitat is, and at the same time a stark contrast to realizing your hub can randomly stop working for no good reason.