Hub disconnects from network randomly

I have a C8, upgraded from C7 6+ months ago. About two week ago, I had the first occurrence of it disconnect from network. Mobile device would not connect, nor desktop and all automations ceased. Rebooted and all was well. I happened again a couple days later, and seem to reoccur every few days. I can not deduce a pattern. Never occurred before with this hub or my c7 previously.

Ideas for diagnosis ?

Please provide your hub model (C7, C8, etc.) and its platform version from Settings>Hub Details.

Check out the following post for help troubleshooting problems and gathering details that will help others to identify and solve the problem you are experiencing: ‼ READ FIRST - Before Posting in Get Help

Assume you're on the current platform (2.3.8.125). If not, suggest you update to it.

When it disconnects, I assume you mean that you can't access the normal hub UI. How are you rebooting the hub in these instances? If you're pulling power that cna corrupt your hub database.

• Have you tried hubIPaddress:8081 to see if the Hub Diagnostic Tool is available when you can't connect to your hub?
  • If you have been pulling power to reboot your hub, do a reboot (Settings>Reboot) and choose the option to rebuild your database:

2024-03-16 12_59_07-C8, C7, Hubs

2024-03-16 12_59_19-C8, C7, Hubs

Thanks, I just completed reboot/rebuild data base after your suggestion. And if I experience another disconnect I will try: hubIPaddress:8081 to see if the Hub Diagnostic Tool is available.

1 Like

:point_up: If you keep having issues. There are tips in there and a bunch of questions that if you answer up front, it prevents a lot of back and forth questions.

1 Like