Html typo and making file name available

<@version%> did not work, but <%@version%> did

Having the name of the template file currently in use published as an attribute would be handy so that it would be listed under "Current States".

Thanks for catching my typo. Template filename is in the preferences section of the driver, are you wanting to have it available for use in a rule or something else?

Anything I can set in a device I want to be able to read back from the device.
I don't have an immediate need to read any of the preferences (e.g. the template file name),
but I'm less likely to develop that need if I can't read them. If the device publishes its
full internal state, I might find a way to use it.

Let me think on that one a bit. The data is certainly there and available internal to the driver so the question is, is there already a construct that makes that data available externally.

1 Like

Thank you for your kind consideration of this idea. Indeed, a general mechanism to know the internal state of the driver would be ideal. I should be able to know the internal state in sufficient detail that I could detect a change in any of the preferences.

When people ask "Why do you want that - nobody wants that." I think of this quote: "Most people, if they counted how many people swam across the river, would never think about building bridges." - Ronald Altman

1 Like