HSM arming within entry delay causes intrusion alarm

When arming home immediately after disarming "armed-home" system the system reports immediately an intrusion. The scenario is the following: I am home, I set the system to "armed-home". The "armed-home" setting specifies a 30 sec entry delay. My son comes in, disarms the system and immediatly rearmes the system to "armed-home". Result the system immediately reports an intrusion (sirenes turns on). Instead if after disarming the system he waits 30 sec before re-arming it everything works fine. What am I doing wrong?

Please show a screenshot of how you have it setup.

Rather than disarming the system, if you want to have it se right back to armed-home, why not simply clear the alert. That would kill two birds with one stone.

I can say, I just tried that exact sequence of events and I did not get an alert. How is the system being disarmed when he arrives home? Through a RM rule?

The system is disarmed via one of the four keypads (centralite). So no RM rule. Unless you have a better idea, I will remove the HSM app and reinstall it and all its settings. Thanks for your fast answers. By the way, when creating a rule wich is trigerred by the change of status of "HSM Status" when you disarm the system that rule is triggered 4 times (the number of keypads). This is not an issue, instead I have change the trigger to be the status of one of the keypad.

I would say first, try removing your list of "only these sensors" for your delayed intrusion alert. That's the only difference with my setup that I can see.

The issue is the centralite keypad. I have 3 keypads with the same issue you are having.
Disarming HSM with the keypad inside the delay period doesn't work. It will just arm the system again.
I just don't have the time to play with them right now. I just told my family to use the wallmount table to disarm for now until I get off my lazy butt :grin:

Edit : I believe it's something to do with delay setting. If you have HSM delay setting then you should set no delay in the keypad. I could be wrong of course.

For Ryan: I did remove the list "only these sensors", resulted the same problem. I also tried removing the HSM app and reinstalled it and the result is the same. Can you have somebody validate HSM with the Centralite Keypads.

For Navat604: Thanks for your reply. Has suggested I did set the entry and exit delays to 0 on all keypads. I then tried arming the system immediately after disarming it and intrusion was reported immediately. I also noticed that the Hubitat Hub had modified the entry and exit delays of all keypads.

By memory, there was an issue that you can't disarm HSM during this delay period and it's suppose to be fixed by this release. Tagging @bravenel?

@lemire.frechette

I will look into this. Haven't had a chance to yet. Doing a lot of work on HSM this week for next release. I'm sure it does have something to do with the interaction with the keypad. I do have two of these, but I don't think I ever looked specifically at this issue.

Hi, wanted to do a follow-up on this subject. Any news?

I am not able to reproduce this. I arm-home with a keypad. Then disarm with the keypad and immediately re-arm-home. I don't get an alert.

Are you still getting this problem? I have two keypads connected, can arm or disarm from either one, and doing so rapidly does not generate an alert. I trip the alarm by opening a door, disarm within the delay period, and immediately re-arm.

Yes I am still getting the problem. My delay is 30 second. I have 4 keypads. Device type is "Centralite Keypad".

Hmmm. I'll poke at this again tomorrow. I see you are delaying the entry alert "Only for entry through these doors" and listing every door you have a contact sensor for in the intrusion alarm. I didn't duplicate that today, but will try tomorrow.

But, in the meantime, remove that selection, because you don't need it. You are allowing the delay for every sensor, so nothing is gained by that setting. After you remove that, so that it is simply a delay alerts by 30 seconds, see if you have the same problem.

@bravenel, try arm away with HSM and while still on delay duration. Disarm using the keypad.

What is supposed to happen? I've done that numerous times. Are you leaving out a step, like re-arm during the delay, as described as the problem in the original post?

Hi. Sorry if I have mislead you. The intrusion is detected after re-arming the system immediately after disarming it. So this action of re-arming is done during the intrusion delay (30 sec), following the opening the front door. If you wait long enough (more than the intrusion delay) to re-arm the system everything is fine.

The problem occurs in the following scenario.
1- The system status is armed-home.
2- Somebody comes in, open the front door. No intrusion yet reported. The system is within the intrusion delay (30 sec). All keypads starts beeping.
3- The incoming person disarm the system. The system status changes to "disarmed". Everything is fine, still no intrusion reported.
4- Within the intrusion delay (30 sec) the incoming person then re-arms the system to armed-home.
5- The sirens turns on and a intrusion is reported.

Hoping my reply is clearer.

This is what I thought you had meant, and what I tested. I will do some more testing....

Update: OK, I got the same failure. Will dig into it further.

I have found a bug that appears to be the cause of this, and fixed it. This will be in our next release. When that comes out, please let me know if you still have this problem or not. This should be next week.

1 Like

Thank you for your great service. I will keep you informed after the release of the next update.