HSM arming within entry delay causes intrusion alarm

Good news. I have just updated my hub to version 2.0.2.107 and the problem is now solved. I have tested a few scenarios and everything went fine. Thanks again for your great service.

1 Like

Thanks for finding the bug! Turned out to be a very simple thing to fix.

I believed there is a new BUG:
The intrusion delay STOPED working, do NOT know what happend. Now the delayed contact sensor activates inmideatly intrusion . I have trayed several times changing sensors at the app, but did not worked. I have updated my Hubitat firmeware and restarted it, but nothing worked for me. As shown at images when the delayed contact sensor opnede it DOSE NOT go to intrusion DELAY night, instead it goes to intrusion-night.

I have done several tests for now, when Armed-home, the delayed contact sensor DOES WORK as intrusion DELAY home.
But the BUG is when Armed-Night any DELAYED contact sensor will go as intrusion-night WITHOUT ANY DELAY

I have done more testings.
When I use Mimo2plus inputs as conctac sensor DELAY, the do work as intrusion delay, no problem delay -initusion Night/Home /Away, all perfect with any senarios.
But when I have activatede any of my 3 Monoprice 24259 as conctac sensor DELAY, they report INSTANT INTRUSION with NO DELAY.

The Monoprice contact sensors work perfectly fine for all senarios, but NOT for intrusion delay, I beliave there should be a bug in the generic Z-wave Contact sensor driver or hubitat firmeware, since they are not working correctly any more. Can any body do some tests to find out the problem. Thanks

Here is a link to the itmes I have
https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=24259

Wow. Interesting find. Sorry I’m do not have any of those sensors but maybe @mike.maxwell can look into this as I’m sure he’ll have some of those sensors in his collection. :blush::pray:

I don't understand, forget HSM for the moment.
Whet does the contact sensor report in the live logs when you open and close the door?

THEY REPORT OPEN AND CLOSE SEE THE BUTTON LINE ON EACH SCREEN CAPTURE

THEY REPORT OPEN AND CLOSE SEE THE BUTTON LINE ON EACH SCREEN CAPTURE

So the contact sensor is doing it's job.
Contact sensors by design do not have an intentional delay from contact state change to reported change.

I undesrtand that. So is not the driver nor the fisical contact sensor. Ok

What I do not understand is why when I select this sensor at HSM as delay intrusion Night, they do NOT go into delay intrusion, they directly go into inmidiatly intrusion.
Any idea?

More than 30 days and the same issue 98% of the time.
The ERROR is at least when Armed-Night any DELAYED contact sensor will pass as intrusion-night WITHOUT ANY DELAY.

I think the problem is in HSM, and it could be:
a) HSM does not have time to check if the activated sensor is in the delay list, (I have a delay of 120 seconds, but it goes instantly to intusion alarm).

B) To many processes in progress and when the sensor is activated HSM runs out of memory to check if the activated sensor is on the delay list and immediately goes to intrusion (NO DELAYS).
I believe this because the delayed intrusion works when in Arm Away, and only a few times in Arm Night, when no one is inside or most of the people inside are not moving inside, Hubitat is processing almost nothing (no montion-no Trigered rules-else), so HSM has time to process the triggered sensor, check if it is on the delay list, and thus enter delay intrusion.

C) Maybe The HSM dose is not what to do first, and you choose to go to the intrusion alarm first before checking if the sensor is on the delay list