HSM: Arming alerts: Exceptions

Hi,

it would be nice to be able to be able to exclude certain contacts from HSM's arming alerts.

Some doors inside my home have contact sensors, so it's perfectly Ok for these to be open when arming.

Thanks,
Jan

This can be accomplished by selecting which sensors it monitors instead of selecting the use all sensors option.

True, but I think the OP is referring to overriding any open doors/windows when arming. Most, if not all, of the security systems I am aware of allow the user to do this.

Edit: @arnb wrote an app that has this functionality

1 Like

I don't have this selected and my system will arm with a contact sensor open. I prefer it this way.

If he were speaking of windows or something, I'd agree. But I read that as he doesn't want his interior doors to be monitored when armed. I've got sensors on interior doors as well and there's not much point to monitor those when armed.

That app does look like it adds a few nice features. It'd be perfect for windows. Monitor them when closed, bypass them when open.

Correct. HSM (as of this writing) does not begin arming when a contact is open. Once arming begins you may open a contact, exit, then close it during any exit delay. Should it be open at arming, HSM does not arm.

Nyckelharpa bypasses this restriction by manipulating virtual contacts that replace the real contacts used in HSM. When arming with Nyckelharpa and an open contact, the initial arming cancels as is normal, then by rearming within 15 seconds of the initial arming failure, it forces HSM arming.

2 Likes

Correct, that's what I meant. Will look at the HSM Extension.