HSM Alert not setting bulb color..log errors

These are hue groups he's commanding, I don't think removing and re adding the group will make any difference.

Ok, that's even more bizarre, the canned water alert blows up in the driver, but a custom water alert with the same bulbs and settings doesn't?

Tell me about it. Let me know if I can do any further tests to help get this resolved.

@mike.maxwell @bravenel have we given up on this...should I start coding around this myself?
I need this functionality and I would be happy to test any suggestions you have before deleting this from HSM.

Forgot to mention. I configured a spare leak sensor I have and attached it to my Dev hub. I installed HSM (never installed before) and tested with my Hue office lights. Same error.

Got the same error with a virtual rgbw light.

@mike.maxwell @bravenel
So I'm testing every variation I can think of....even tried virtual rgb light instead of rgbw light.
The errors I get with the virtual light are actually a little different. If I leave the BULB LEVEL empty, I get the following:

Including the BULB LEVEL removes the error and the light sets the color properly.

With the Hue bulb, leaving the BULB LEVEL blank generates the same error as above:

Set a value to BULB LEVEL generates this error:

Added a single Hue bulb and tested. Same results as above

I cannot get this result. I'm using a Water Alert in HSM with both a real color bulb and a Virtual RGBW. Both get set to Blue without throwing an error.

So what else could it be about your system that is causing this?

Wait, what do you mean you'd never installed HSM? I thought that was what you were showing all along.

Reverted dev hub back to 2.1.2.123...got a slightly different error.

This is testing on my DEV hub. I have stopped trying on my Main hub because it was too disruptive to my family.

Ah, finally, can get an error with level empty.

I found a bug. It's a weird internal Groovy thing. This should not throw a bug if you put a level on the Color Bulb setting. Or, that is to say, it doesn't for me. But left blank, it throws this error:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "null" on line 321 (setColor)

Do you think correcting this will also fix the Hue bulb issue?...with the Hue bulb, I get 2 different errors depending on whether or not the bulb level is blank.

Not a clue. For now, just put a level in there and that should work.

Please see post 47 above. I get an error with the bulb level set as well.

That is a different issue, and one you'll have to take up with @mike.maxwell as it involves the driver.

Sigh...back to the start of this thread I guess.
I really don't understand how it's a driver issue when it works with every other app including Rule Machine. It just seems like there must be a subtle difference in the way HSM is sending the command. At this point I'm pretty frustrated with this and I'm willing to move on if we can't find it today. Not worth the investment of time when I can write my own app to accomplish this or try via RM. I was really just hanging on to see if either of you wanted to do any testing.

Hey, I just ran one of these to ground, and that fix has been completed for the next release. I don't have Hue bulbs for testing, unlike Maxwell. It's Sunday, and he's not around.

There are subtle differences in the app code, and in the driver code. Since the Custom Alert works and HSM doesn't, will use that exact code in HSM for next release.

Sorry if I came across as ungrateful.... I realize it's Sunday and my statement wasn't meant as an ultimatum...just a statement of frustration and to let you know that I don't have the mental energy to devote to this any longer. I only have time for testing over the weekend and 3 weekends is enough for me. Thanks to you and Mike for looking into it.