How to use Advanced->Send Zwave command

I am suspecting my device has a low battery even though they were wrapped and unused. It supports "Command_Class_Battery" according to the included leaflet. Currently I have it using Generic Z-Wave Motion Sensor. Can someone advise how to put in a command to have it report its battery status to me?

Not in front of my system, but I would expect 8002 to return battery on a zwave device.

That said, on battery devices you won't get anything back until it wakes up (manually or periodically) and checks for queued commands. The exception to that are FLiRS devices (typically locks/garage door openers and sometimes thermostats).

1 Like

Do I just type it in like that into the Send Zwave Command field? And where would I look for the returned report?

Oh, upon further googling it looks like you can't request battery status on demand, the driver just has to catch it when it happens. Actually I think you were trying to say that :slight_smile:

Yes

Enable debug logging in the driver, anything the device sends will print in the live logs.

1 Like

Will this work so we can set parameters not handled by the built in drivers?

Like the zwave tool you made?

yes, but those commands can be much more difficult to create by hand...

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.