How to set Volume of Mini's in Rule if Away/Vacation Mode

I've quickly found the bug..

If you seach in the code for:

multipe: true

You will find it in two places.

it should be:

multiple: true

A stupid typo!

I will go find those and change them. Thanks again.

Lines: 87 & 103 (I think)

Found them and changed them. It works great. thanks

If I had a dollar for every time I've done that... I'd have... Well, I wouldn't be rich, but I'd have a lot more dollars. :smile:

1 Like

Iโ€™m actually going to release a new version soon.
Iโ€™ve moved the proxy to the parent so you wonโ€™t have to put it into each child (and there will be space for only one so it should remove that confusion)

So Iโ€™m glad the typo was found now :slight_smile:

I did a test rule and it worked once. All speakers talked at the same time. But it won't do it again. What would cause that? What did I miss?

I don't know what happened but if anyone out there has an example set up that works I would love to see it. I have 4 speakers which I have created 4 child devices in speaker central. I created a virtual device with the proxyspeechplayer type called Virtual Speakers. Each child device has Virtual Speakers selected as the proxy speaker device. I created a rule to test with which uses a spare remote for a trigger and I created a line of speech in Actions and selected the Virtual Speakers as the speech device. But I get no sound. Where did I go wrong? Anyone know?

EDIT: I have one speaker working and will speak the text from the rule but the other 3 will not speak and they are set up the same way as the one that does work. All 4 speakers will speak if I type in text in their device page and tell it to talk.

If you go to the proxy device page and enter text there do the speakers work?
Have a separate browser window open showing the logs at the same tome to see if any errors appear (turn all the logging on in the app & devices

I created a virtual proxy device for 2 of the speakers separately. In the child device I selected it's respective proxy. The living room (LR) speaker works when you type text in the virtual device page and tell it to speak. The MB speaker does not and it is set up the same way as LR with it's respective proxy. I have the other 2 speaker child devices paused.

What so the logs say when you tested it?

Do you have any restrictions set?

I get this when I run the rule
dev:5802019-02-22 04:24:01.829 pm infoconnected...

dev:5802019-02-22 04:24:01.335 pm debuginitialize...

app:9132019-02-22 04:24:01.275 pm infotest2 Triggered

dev:6442019-02-22 04:24:01.141 pm debugDevice Version: 1.0.0) - VDevice sending this is a test for speaker volume

app:9132019-02-22 04:24:01.127 pm infotest2: Outside Lights Minimote pushed 3

I only get speech out of LR but no MB

No restrictions on either

Are LR and MB setup exactly the same?

Yes they are.

If you enter some text in the MB device directly does it speak?

No it does not

Sometimes, the google minis โ€˜dropโ€™ off and you need to re scan for devices.

I will try that now