How to set Volume of Mini's in Rule if Away/Vacation Mode

If you have a rule that is only triggered in the Away mode and you have speech that will announce something if someone triggers a door or window and/or trips a motion sensor but the volume was set lower previously in any other mode for regular speech then how do you set the volume to max if something is tripped and you are in away mode? thanks

Anyone have a way to do this? Is there a setting in a rule I haven't found yet? thanks

You can start here:

Thanks for the reply. I'm afraid coding and knowledge of API's is not something I know, But I appreciate it.

You could restrict whatever is doing the TTS announcement to only fire in modes other than away. Very easy in RM restrictions.

@razorwing
If you want to use a custom app then ‘Speaker Central’ will do this for you.
You can set different volumes for different times/modes etc.

http://hubitat.uk

Andy

Thanks, I will look at the use of modes.

Thanks. I have looked at speaker central but haven't really had a chance to use it. If it can do the volume change then that will work.

Speaker Central will do the volume setting for you.
You just need to create a child for each volume setting/mode

You will need to install the Cobra Apps container first

Andy

Thanks Andy, I will give it a try.

Let me know if you need any help setting it up

Will do, thanks.

1 Like

I just wanted to verify I have his correct. I downloaded the container and 2 apps and 1 driver. Added a child. Selected Speech Synth. I used the mode selection and selected Away. I set the volume to 100. So am I understanding this correctly that when any of my rules that require speech to be said in the Away Mode that it will do this with a volume of 100. Did I miss anything?

If you set your rules to use the proxy device as it's speaker then yes this should work

Why not create a 'test mode' and try it
You can manually create and set modes from the setting page

So I would need to create a virtual device for each speaker with proxyspeechplayer.

EDIT: I created one virtual device with the type above.

Nope!
One proxy sends the TTS to all the child app

You need to create a child app for each speaker (or group of speakers)

I would create two child apps (if you are only using one speaker or one group of speakers)

1. Triggered by away mode - select your speakers and set the volume to 100%
  2. triggered by home mode (or whatever) select your speakers then set volume to whatever you prefer

Andy

Done. Set each to 100 and away mode

In trying to create the other 2 child apps I must be doing that wrong because I create a child app called Away Mode and it only allows the selection of one speaker.

EDIT: I think I see what you are saying if I only have one speaker or if I have created a group with all the speakers then I can create those 2 child devices.

OK..
this is my coding mistake..
I didn't notice because I use one speaker for each child app..
You should be able to add multiple speakers for each child..

I'll have to amend that but I'm afraid I'm out for this evening so it won't be done today
If you feel confidant with working with the code you can make a very easy edit..

No problem I will look for your response when you have time.