How to reset Zwave Radio? Version 2.3.9.150

I have a spare hub I want to put in to use as a test hub. When I powered it back up, there are old Zwave devices (which are actually in use on my primary hub) . How do I just reset the radio and them out of the test hub? the process outlined here doesn't work. There is no Advance button in the diagnostic tool anymore.

Zwave Details no longer has a radio reset button.

What is the current process to wipe the Zwave radio (and yes, I do want to just wipe the radio, and start from blank). I have already tried soft reset and it didn't do what I needed it to do (didnt think it would , tried anyway). Tried to add a UZB stick and just removed them like they were ghosts, and couldn't get a UZB to pare to this hub (a issue i have seen with my other C8 as well) . I'm not sure that would have worked anyway, as devices are still powered and and connected to the primary hub.

Your Diagnostic Tool is out of date. v1.1.129 is the latest I have on my C-8:

Screenshot 2024-06-17 at 10.19.42 AM

hub/cloud/updateDiagnosticTool <- use that end point to force the hub to get the latest.

4 Likes

Use this link to upgrade your hub's Diag Tool - http://your.hubs.ip.here/hub/cloud/updateDiagnosticTool

2 Likes

The Diag Tool does update automatically, assuming the hub is powered on and connected to the Hubitat cloud continuously. The link I posted above will simply force the update to occur immediately.

2 Likes

It was unplugged for a while, but I updateed it last night , weird..

I do not think the Diag Tool tries to update itself very often. Perhaps just once a day or maybe even less frequently? That tool is updated so rarely that it probably does not make sense to have it continuously trying to hit the Hubitat Cloud Server to even check for updates. Just a guess!

Did you manage to get that spare C-8 hub's diag tool upgraded, and the Z-Wave radio reset?

2 Likes

Yep. Humming through it right now.. Im gonna have to get ready for work soon, but I did want to get that done before i left.

This particular hub didnt have a set of antenna on it, so I had to buy some (link is further up in the thread) these things are huge! I'll be watching to see if they make a difference. If they do I may swap them to my primary hub and put the stock antenna on this one.

1 Like