I've got a C5 that was really stable until a firmware update sometime late last year or early this year. It will lock up pretty consistently every 3-4 weeks or so.
Symptoms of lock up/hard crash:
- Green LED stays on
- Hubitat stops responding to pings
- Hubitat is unreachable on any port, including 8081
- All automatons and rules stop working
- I have to unplug the USB power source, wait a few seconds, then plug it in again to bring the Hubitat back up
What I've done to try and solve the problem, done one at a time after each crash to try and isolate the cause:
- Installed a rebooter app, configured to restart the Hubitat process
- Configured the rebooter app to completely reboot the device
- Configured a Zooz double-plug so it's not as chatty as I saw a topic about it causing problems
- Removed the Zooz double-plug altogether
- Configured Peanut plugs to be less chatty
- Removed all Peanut plugs, as some people say they've caused problems
I have network monitoring software that pings the Hubitat and sends emails when it stops responding to pings, so I have exact timestamps of the crashes. Using the timestamps, I've checked the Hubitat's 'past logs' and have found nothing immediately before or around the time of the crash that looks suspicious or out of the ordinary. Many times, there isn't anything in the logs for 5-20 minutes preceding a crash. I don't see any patterns in the logs before a crash either. The Hubitat has been sitting in the same place it always has with plenty of air flow and no heat sources near by. I keep the firmware current as well.
I've tried emailing Hubitat support about this twice now, waited weeks/months for a response and have yet to hear back from them.
Are there more detailed logs somewhere on the Hubitat? This has been driving me nuts, especially as I have safety related devices (water sensors, smoke/carbon monoxide sensors) that I really need to be able to rely on.
Any help would be much appreciated.