How to control actuator 12v/24v

I am buying a 12v or 24v linear actuator to open the lid of my well house. Is there a device that I can power with DC positive and negative and then have a DC out with pos and neg(able to reverse polarity to reverse motor. I would think this would be pretty universal for gates blinds or other things. Was thinking maybe mimolite or something, but have no idea where to start. Right now, I'm hooking up a toggle switch that gets held up or down to control the actuator.

You need a motor controller to be able to reverse polarity. You could use an Arduino with motor shield or a shutter relay like the Qubino:

Thanks! I like the qubino option, but it has a Max of 48w. I might be at like 100watt. Don't want to blow the controller.

You'll want to use some relays to isolate the high power load from the Qubino. Then use the Qubino to switch the relays.

Hi did you win with controling the Actuator and if so please could you shed some insite on how. Thanks

Bump @ajones

I'm trying to solve this as well.

I'm thinkin what you did in your project was pretty close to what I am proposing to do with a ZigBee 4ch relay assuming I can affect the switch of polarities without any timing, inrush, or other transitional issues.

""
12v Power and DC Motor Valve Connections
DC Motor positive wire to 2-Channel Relay switch 1 COM input
DC Motor negative wire to 2-Channel Relay switch 2 COM input
3pin wiring 12v battery positive wire to Relay switch 1 NO & Relay switch 2 NO
3pin wiring 12v battery negative wire to Relay switch 1 NC & Relay switch 2 NC
""

Can you comment based on your experience? Thanks.