How to add community apps in HE

Sorry if the answer to this is friggin obvious but I was trying to add a community app to my hub using the add user app button. when I click on it, all I see is this:

I can type above the line but nothing appears for any search I perform. I was trying to add Hubitat Package Manager app and the Echo Speaks app but nothing comes up on anything I type. All I can do is hit done. Reading the readme for package manager, I should see the following screen when I click add user app and type in Hubitat Package Manager:

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

The search field is only for searching among ones you already installed. You have to actually download and install the Hubitat Package Manager. I don't have it myself as I find it easier to install the user apps I want manually.

You might find these threads helpful

1 Like

Let’s get Package Manager installed first as this will provide an easy way to get other packages installed. Go to the Apps Code tab, and click on create a new app; then click the Import button and enter this into the URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dcmeglio/hubitat-packagemanager/master/apps/Package_Manager.groovy

and save. Then go back to the Apps page and select Add a User App, select Package Manager and install.

7 Likes

Thank you, I knew I must have missed something. Working fine.

2 Likes

Thanks, got it working. Appreciate the quick reply

2 Likes

Just realize, not all community apps are in HPM.... (Fantastic app btw). But now you know how to install a community app. The same process also applies to community drivers that you manually install.