How do you enable Z-Wave topology?

I see screenshots of different Z-Wave troubleshooting features in the Hubitat Settings panel, but all I have is Exclude, Repair, Secure Join, Status, and an update button. The device list is also just a list with no buttons for each device. How do you get to the Z-Wave topology and other troubleshooting options?

Any suggestions would be appreciated for my specific problem on top of that if you see anything obviously wrong here:

I'm trying to figure out why my Kwikset Z-Wave door lock, which is installed literally three feet of clear air away from my Hubitat, isn't sending notifications when it's manually locked/unlocked anymore. If I refresh the device it will get the correct status. Battery is at 90. Three feet on the opposite side of the door are a few Z-Wave hardwired Leviton switches that I assume work as repeaters (haven't tested though). I also moved a Zooz repeating outlet on the other side of the entryway this morning and ran a Z-Wave refresh to see if that would help.

I do have about six GE Outdoor Z-Wave outlets that I have disabled in the Devices screen, since they're typically only deployed for holidays. I was under the impression that disabling them would remove them from the Z-Wave network, so that I wouldn't have to include/exclude them every time I get one out. Does having disabled Z-Wave devices mess up the network?

I don't think it's a problem with the lock itself, it was very reliable on my Wink for the years I was on that platform. My other Z-Wave devices appear to be working flawlessly. (About half a dozen of the Leviton in-wall switches, a Zooz outlet in one quadrant, and two Zooz appliance outlets in another quadrant.)

Edit: It probably is a problem with the lock itself -- removing the battery compartment then putting it back seems to fix it... for a certain amount of time. Will try troubleshooting with new batteries and then a new lock if persistent.

Those are only available on the c7 hub model
I assume you have an older model of hub if you are not seeing that.

3 Likes

Well shoot! I just looked and you're right, hardware is Rev C-5. I assumed it was the latest since I just got it like... last fall lol**. Ok. Thanks. :slight_smile: Not too surprising considering how many updates have been released since I set it up, the Hubitat team is obviously very productive haha.

**Edit, it was May, I apparently have completely lost my concept of time since covid started :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

The C-7 was introduced July 2020.

Last C-5s shipped in May of 2020.

3 Likes

Wow, time has totally lost its meaning -- you're right, it shipped May 7. I can't believe it took me until a month ago to get it set up!

4 Likes