New Hubitat Elevation Model C-7 Available

We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting orders for Hubitat Elevation hubs, with initial shipments to begin later this week. As previously described, the Model C-7 has the same features as the prior Model C-5, except for utilizing the new 700 series Z-Wave chip. This chip, and a new Z-Wave stack in the platform software, supports these new features:

• S2 Security
  • Z-Wave SmartStart
  • Full Z-Wave Plus Version 2 compatibility

See the new Z-Wave Manual for complete details.

These hubs are available to order at Collections – HUBITAT. Due to the fact that we've been out of stock on Hubitat Elevation for several weeks, there is a significant backlog of demand for the new hub. We expect to begin shipments this week, however, filling the order backlog may take us a week or two. More hubs are on the way, and we expect to be able to meet demand.

Due to the pandemic, worldwide shipping remains sketchy compared to previously, and some orders will no doubt take longer than usual to be delivered, especially international orders. We will be offering DHL shipping in addition to postal shipments. DHL has maintained a high level of service during the pandemic.

We know that many of you will want to upgrade to the new hub. Before you undertake what can be a very time consuming process of moving smart devices to a new hub, you should be aware of a new subscription service we plan to introduce within the next month: Hub Protection Service. The core of this service will be the ability to backup and restore your hub to/from the Hubitat cloud. These backups, unlike the daily local hub backups, will also backup the Z-Wave and Zigbee radio settings (for C-5 hubs only). This means that restoring a hub using Hub Protection Service can migrate your setup from one hub to another, for example from a C-5 to a new C-7. See this post for more information about Hub Protection Service.

Thanks for your patience with our supply difficulties as well as your continued support and interest in Hubitat Elevation. The introductory price for Hubitat Elevation Model C-7 is $129.95. To show our appreciation, please use the discount code C7INTRO at checkout to get 10% off your purchase (code valid until August 20).

34 Likes

3 Likes

Ordered. Unfortunately its going to be a bit of work to migrate from my c4 to the c7. No backup/restore service for me. :frowning:

2 Likes

What is the migration path for c4 users?

3 Likes

Just grabbed 2 as well..

WooHoo... on the way!

First time dipping my toes into Hubitat. Wish me luck!

2 Likes

Either move your radio stick over, or Rejoin all devices. If you restore a backup, Zigbee devices automatically refind themselves when you join them. But Z-Wave you pretty much have to start over with. I'll post some steps I've used to do this that allow you to not have to rebuild all of your automations. But, it's a tedious process no matter how you slice it. Be sure to read these articles:

How to Build a Solid Zigbee Mesh

How to Build a Solid Z-Wave Mesh

6 Likes

Dang - in 30 minutes we've gone from order #1 to order #13756

Screen Shot 2020-07-21 at 13.35.57

8 Likes

and ordered as quickly as I got the email! Can't wait!!

Edit... didn't see the promotional code before I ordered. Doh! I went from the email before checking here haha.

Same here. I was in a big hurry to place my order! Missed the 10% off code.

If you guys send an email to orders@hubitat.com with your order number, we will get you the discount.

@cohoman

12 Likes

I didn't use the code either, but I'll trade that for shipping priority over the other moochers. :wink:

Order #13852 in case you want to go pull it now for early shipping. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

5 Likes

My Z-Wave only hub is ordered!

Now... If only I could buy time to migrate everything over...

Just got one also..

@bravenel, I am still running on a C-4, when I receive the C-7 will there we a possibility up migrating my current config + device zwave device info?

4 Likes

I don't mine to start re-including the devices with the same names as before, but I would like to converse some how the rules...
Have the steps mentioned been published?

Great customer service! In my excitement, I too, didn't read the whole announcement email first. An email to 'orders' is on the way. Thanks!

Let's give @bravenel a chance to do so, please. He posted the above information within the last hour. Since nobody has a C-7 hub yet, I think he probably has some time to gather his thoughts into some useful tips on how best to migrate from a C3/C4 to a C-7.

Personally, I would use this as an opportunity to really re-think and re-design things to be the most efficient and effective. Perhaps starting from scratch isn't the worst idea. :thinking: That way no old baggage is brought over to the new hub. A clean slate is sometimes a nice place to start.

12 Likes