How do I get Hubitat to CALL ME when HSM detects intrusion?

Anyone know a free way to do this over the internet? Right now I have push notifications setup, but sometimes I am not quick enough to notice one on my iPhone for an intrusion alert. I need something more attention grabbing, such as a phone call or an alert that makes a much longer sound / vibration until it is stopped.

Pushover isn’t free but it’s only 5 bucks (one-time fee) and would allow you to configure a “critical” push notification on your iPhone sent by the hub.

That can be pretty intrusive if you need it to be.

4 Likes

I forgot all about pushover! Thank you very much - this solves the problem.

1 Like

FYI, I think you have to use @ogiewon's Slightly enhanced pushover driver for some of the advanced features. If I remember right, high priority messages don't work on the built in driver. That may have been fixed but I have been using the one I linked to and I know it works.

With that driver you can set up alerts that will override DND settings and play no matter what, on IOS anyway..

2 Likes

Initially, that was true. But the built-in driver subsequently added most features available in @ogiewon’s custom driver, including configurable priorities for notifications.

3 Likes

This thread would indicate the slightly enhanced driver still may be the the best choice. Especially since he wants a longer sound.

Pushover is great and something I mostly use. If you want a voice call my community Twilio driver, which the inbuilt is based on, can call you as well. There is a monthly fee to use Twilio.

1 Like