HOOBS and MakerAPI

Hello all,

I have a HOOBS and a Hubitat device that I am trying to connect with MakerAPI. The bridge is running on the HOOBS device, but it is not connecting to the Hubitat device. I suspect that there is some probelms with identifying the correct apps/device.

The HOOBS config file starts off withtokens Platform, Name, and App_URL. Where do I get the information for these three fields? Also, I am not understanding the endpoint URL to post events to? But that seems to be optional.

Patrick

1 Like

Which HOOBS Hubitat plugin are you using? There are at least two different community integrations, linked below:

Both developers, @dan.t and @tonesto7, have detailed instructions on how to setup their integrations.

1 Like

I am using the MakerAPI plugin. I have the plugin running on my Hubitat platform. This is not the Connect07 version, but the MakerAPI version. As far as I can tell, everything in my config file is correct. And the log file shows the bridge running on my HOOBS device, and it says it has launched one platform. But it does not appear to be connecting to the app on the hubitat. The bridge is just running there without anyone to talk to.

Therefore I am guessing that something is wrong with the platform, name, and app_url tokens in the config file. And the bridge keeps changing the platform name from the one I inserted there. It keeps inserting the word "Homebridge" in front of "Hubitat MakerAPI." Is the platform the name of the app on the Hubitat device? And I have named my home "Red Rock Cave," since it is covered with dark red siding, and that is the name of the cave Milarepa meditated in a thousand years ago. So I named the Hubitat "Red Rock Cave." Is this the phrase that goes in the "name" token value field?

The URL stops with the id number, in my case 162. It does not include the "postURL...ttoken..." info. I have tried it both ways, but neither works.

Once I get this to work, I may never touch the HOOBS device again.

Patrick

Have you followed the detailed instructions from @dan.t? I have been using his MakerAPI based Homebridge plugin for a long time with no issues.

1 Like

My Homebridge plugin shows up in "Homebridge" (not HOOBS, but essentially the same) as follows. The Hubitat Hub name has nothing to do with it.

1 Like

I see that you have inserted an image into the message. I am blind, and the image is not scanned by my screen reader. I had the Platform and Name token set using the values exactly as the instructions outlined. Those settings did not work, so I explored various interpretations of what values seemed appropriate to insert there. I am not really looking for what other people have put into those tokens, but exactly what information is being requested and where to find those values in my particular setup, as your setup is more than likely not the same as mine. The instructions do not really describe what those values mean.

I have successfully set up the Bonds bridge, and I am now seeing my cieling fan and its light in Apple Homekit. The name of its platform is "Bonds," and I simply copied it from the instructions in the plugin, and it worked.

It seems to me that the instructions for the NakerAPI configuration file have assumed some knowledge is already present, but as a newbie to this platform, I am not in possession of it.

Patrick
aka
The Venerable Karma Konchog Jungney

1 Like

Understood. The image I posted was simply from the Homebridge graphical user web interface. This is very similar, as I recall, to the GUI that HOOBS uses. In the image, I was simply trying to point out that the name of my Hubitat plugin was "Homebridge Hubitat MakerApi" which I believe is the same as what you mentioned previously. I just didn't want you to head down the wrong 'rabbit hole', so to speak. :slight_smile:

2 Likes