Honeywell ZW4008 showing up as dual outlet

I have a Honeywell (Jasco) ZW4008 switch that keeps adding as a dual switch.

I've factory refreshed the device. I've got the new Beta 0.54 firmware running it.

But it keeps showing as a dual switch. When I change the driver to just a generic Zwave switch, it still shows as having 2 child component switches......

Lastly, I have this switch powering a bathroom vent / exhaust fan. Does the load profile influence how an item pairs / identifies itself to the hub?

A lot to unpack, but is there any way that

1.) I can get this pair correctly from the outset
2.) Even if this pairs as a dual outlet, why is it showing as having child components when I change the driver to a single switch?
3.) Does the load you're connected to influence how an item pairs?

The fingerprint needs added by @bcopeland is all. In the mean time, switch the driver to DEVICE and click save. Then click ALL of the delete buttons at the top of the page. Then Switch to the proper driver you want to use. Click SAVE then click CONFIGURE at the top of the page and you should be good.

2 Likes

Thank you. That solved the issue.

Dumb question but what does 'The fingerprint needs added by @bcopeland' mean?

Every zwave device has a fingerprint (set of manufacturer/device numbers) that uniquely identifies it. That fingerprint code needs to be added to the driver so that the system knows to use that driver with that device.

@bcopeland is the poor sap at Hubitat that owns the zwave stuff, so he would be the one stuck with adding the finger print to the driver.

2 Likes

Too add to what @JasonJoel said, this is the fingerprint of that device

2 Likes

@JasonJoel @rlithgow1

Thanks guys.

Appreciate your help in all of this as I become more and more versed in Hubitat and zwave.

Next on your to-do list to improve your experience in the community... :slight_smile:

1 Like

Read this post too... Might help avoid some gotchas.

I've messaged the support team.

Thank you!

1 Like

@Chippy111 ... I like it! :clap: