Open message to "user####" - How to change your community name

TL;DR: Create a personalized user name for a better experience for you and other community members. All the cool kids are doing it. :wink:

If you've recently joined Hubitat (and many of you have as the exodus from SmartThings, Wink, etc., has continued, and the C8 was released) you may have received one of the automatically assigned "user#### screen names.

If you're stuck w/a user#### name, please see this post to customize your name:

Personalized names make the conversations here more personal (surprise!), and more congenial. It's more engaging to talk to someone w/a customized screen name. Instead of talking to user9746, you can chat with (or be) DominoMaster or CheffyLefty, etc. :slight_smile:

Personalized names are also more functional/usable - they make it easier to remember who's who when you want to refer back to previous discussions and info, and remember who said what. Just try to remember if it was "user8676" or "user8767" who posted that great write-up the other day, or had a similar issue you want to refer to, or helped someone else and you'd like to ask them to help you.

As soon as your screen name is updated, all of your posts, replies, etc., will sport the new name, everything is caught-up auto-magically.

So join the fun, choose your own name, and don't ask your parents about it, 'cause they'll just say "Why does your screen need a name?" :wink:

15 Likes

Call yourself Dana... :wink:

3 Likes

Actuallly... That may have some consequences.... :wink:

3 Likes

Bite your tongue. I think I can safely say that 1 is all this forum can handle :rofl:

6 Likes

I dare you :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah, I soon found the error in my ways....:slight_smile:

2 Likes

But seriously, we mock each other in a friendly manner, only like friends at a social gathering like the pub...(The lines have run dry so I will need to call time shortly.... I'll be having a word to the owner....)

I didn't have serious outcome... did I... Maybe tomorrow.... :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Danabw (aka Dana Boom! Whack!) will bring the hammer down on any usurpers... :wink:

6 Likes

Underneath we all know you are a cuddly teddy-bear.... :wink: God knows what Rick will make of this....

4 Likes

@support_team so my account is definitely much older than 7 days old.. I would like my user name change to "bulltipper" . Please be my hero!!!
dave grohl GIF

2 Likes

Jack Bannon Epix GIF by PENNYWORTH

7 Likes

Happy Season 3 GIF by Friends

4 Likes

I feel like BobbyD is Gunther in this relationship...

I also feel like I need to move conversation on tomorrow.... :wink:

3 Likes

@bobbyD @bulltipper

Awww...so sweet!! :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

I feel like this should be an open message to Dana...., but maybe that's just me...

1 Like

C'mon, I still see a bunch of generic user####'s out there! Get your personalized screen names on! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Bump!

Support is quick to update if you have been here more than 7 days.

2 Likes

Fixing Home Improvement GIF

2 Likes

That was from high school...I have a green head now. :wink:

2 Likes

Ahhh you've finally molted...

2 Likes