Honeywell Wifi Thermostat Driver

Hi, there is a community driver and app available for the Honeywell Lyric Round, T6, and T10 thermostats. I'm using it with a T6 and a T10. Here is the thread on it: [RELEASE] Beta 1 - version of Honeywell Home Thermostats (Lyric etc...)

1 Like

Thank you for linking this.I have a few questions if you can help.

1. Do I need to install a driver AND an app (Iā€™m still trying to figure out the difference).
  2. How do I know which link to use to installā€”Is there a location where all of the most recent code is posted, or is it only found in the community page discussion?
  3. And is it after I install those that I will be able to connect my thermostats? Or do I need to find devices?

Thank you again!

Your best bet is to use Hubitat Package Manager to install the app and driver. If you aren't familiar with Package Manager, read up on it. It is the easiest way to manage installation and maintenance of apps and drivers configured to use it. The Honeywell app and driver are configured in PM as "Honeywell Home".

Once you have the thermostat driver and app code installed by PM, you install the app, "Honeywell Home" in your Apps section and use "discover" in the Honeywell Home app to link your thermostats to Hubitat devices. "Discover" will ask you to link your Honeywell account and let you select which thermostats to configure. It's very automatic.

If you have questions, post them in the thread I referenced. The developer and I regularly visit there. One other thing - wait until tomorrow to do an installation because the developer is doing a new release today with a bug fix you will want to get.

Good luck!

Ok, I have Package Manager installed and will wait for the update tomorrow. Where should I go to access the code for the most recent fix? GitHub? Or Hubitat community? I searched GitHub, but Thecloudtaylorā€™s code was not listed.

In the first post of the thread I posted, taylor ( the developer) gives the link to his code. If you look at that Github page, the readme is displayed. It has installation instructions. He will push the latest release to Package Manager when he's done with the release.

If you are in a hurry, you can install what is in PM now and just do an update from PM tomorrow after he does the new release. The bug, by the way, is that cooling setpoint changes weren't working. If all you are using is heat, it wouldn't affect you.

In Hubitat, I can see my HVAC system's fan status:

However, I don't see an option to add that attribute in Sharp Tools:

Is that something that can be added? (the "Idle" status widgets in the above screenshot is for system status (actively cooling or actively heating).

Additionally, is there a way to toggle the system on/off (auto, heat, cool, off)? Tried setting up a virtual switch and a basic rule in Hubitat, but didn't see any options to control the thermostat. IFTTT only had a few options to set temp and control fan, nothing for the heating/cooling modes)

Tagging @josh

It looks like the fanOperatingState is reported as an event, but it's never declared as an attribute in the driver's metadata.

You can update the metadata { definition(){ of the driver to add the relevant attribute declaration:

So anywhere in that section with the list of attributes, just add another line declaring the new attribute. For example, here it is appended to the end:

metadata {
    definition (name: "Total Comfort API B", namespace: 
                "Total Comfort API", author: "Eric Thomas, lg kahn, C Steele") {
        capability "Polling"
        capability "Thermostat"
        capability "Refresh"
        //... all the other capabilities, commands, and attributes here ...
        attribute  "DriverUpdate",       "string"
        attribute  "ThermostatOperatingState", "string"
        attribute  "fanOperatingState", "string" //<-- this is our new line
    }

Once you've done that, you'll need to reauthorize the device to SharpTools so it syncs over the new metadata. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Perfect, Thanks!!!

Is there the ability to control anything other than just the temperature setting? Can I also control fan (on, off, auto) and system (cool, heat, off) with this script?

This driver gives you control over most of the functions of the T-stat

I seem to be using the "C" version for some reason I see "B" referenced a few posts up, but...

FYI to anyone that's maintaining this driver:

Those posts above are from 2021 when "B" was the best... now that it's 2022, and "C" is better, but the Parent/Child version is best :smiley:

I've read the report regarding: Updated supportedThermostatModes and supportedThermostatFanModes to add double quotes to support HE platform version 2.3.3.x

I'm looking at the cascaded impact.

4 Likes

Released the code with "\" for Platform v2.3.3.x

Don't want to hijack this topic because it's for the "other models" of Honeywell WiFi than "My" code. Please comment further in the respective topics:

OR

2 Likes

Goodday to all. I've installed the above parent child drivers, but I'm running into the following problem:

I live in Greece. Apparently honeywell has two total connect versions. One for the US (mytotalconnectcomfort) and the international one (international.mytotalconnectcomfort)

I had no idea. I found out when trying to hook up my thermostat with the hubitat. When I tried to log into the standard mytotalconnect website it didn't recognize me. I had to re-register an account there (with bogus address etc because I live in Greece) , add my thermostat there, and hubitat could access it fine. However since it's using a bogus location I can't add my proper location to it for outside temperature etc. So I switched the thermostat back to the international account, which made it inaccessible again for the hubitat. I did sharpen my hacking skillzz by changing the URL in the device code to point to the international site, but that didn't help.

Anyone ever ran into this problem ? Google Home operates my thermostat without problems, I might add. So technically it should be possible, even on the international account. I tried to connect Google Home to the hubitat, but that just allows google to control hubitat. Haven't found any way to let hubitat control a device connected to Google Home.

But then again, I'm new to the smart world. Any help greatly appreciated.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Or challenge to put a positive spin on it :grin:
My Honeywell system is also registers with international site as well. I didnā€™t have the gumption to try and move it to the US site ti try it out.
Any thoughts.
Cheers.

If Iā€™m looking at the right driver then changing line 69

public static String tccSite() 	{  return "mytotalconnectcomfort.com"  }

to the international site should fix your issue.

3 Likes

I'll try that. I had given up on it.... Thanks !

It doesn't work as far as I can tell, to just change the tccSite. Honeywell does not document this API. It's all been 'reverse engineered' and the same will have to be done for the international site.

I don't want to get too deep in munutia but as an example, the minimum number of cookies received from Honeywell US, is 8. For International, it's 4. In other words, the split is likely to get larger, not smaller. How to handle that falls to me, but without an international Thermostat to test, I can't get far.

Until this week, I only had one Thermostat. :slight_smile: I certainly don't have more than one HVAC system, so a 2nd Thermostat couldn't be used. However, this week I upgraded my Thermostat to a RTH9585 and now have two registered Thermostats in the US. My thought is to take the old one and get it registered to International. (I tried it, but Honeywell's site rejected it saying it's already registered.) At this point it's not powered and I'll have to build a test jig to get it powered. Which is another way of saying, I can't fix it in a day. :slight_smile:

If I make progress, I'll probably add to the existing topic which is more TCC (cloud) related than where this thread started (9000 series)

4 Likes

Whatever you manage to do, just know that your efforts are very much appreciated. Thanks !