Honeywell TCC Total Connect Comfort Drivers

Hello,
I have a Honeywell Prestige thermostat with remote sensors linked to it. Can the TCC integration show the remote sensors?
I do have a Honeywell T10 thermostat and that shows the remote sensors fine. I was trying to see if the TCC integration can expose these remote sensors that are attached to the prestige thermostat.

Thank you

It will see the outdoor sensor if you check the option. It will not see any of your remote redlink sensors that are used for averaging or the duct 10k sensors.

Does anyone have a problem with TCC today? My devise stopped updating after midnight today. I deleted and reinstalled the thermostat in hubitat, but its not updating at all. I have the latest hubitat firmware, and V1.3.25 of the TCC driver

dev:938 2022-11-10 06:53:07.671 AM info Honeywell Thermo Downstairs TCC transaction: failed
dev:938 2022-11-10 06:53:07.667 AM info Honeywell Thermo Downstairs TCC transaction: retry login
dev:938 2022-11-10 06:53:07.664 AM info Honeywell Thermo Downstairs TCC transaction: retry login

I'm also getting login fails.

In my case I get something different

I'd have to conclude that Honeywell altered their API.

I think they reduced the number of Cookies they need by one.

I'm getting success by changing Line 792 (of the Parent code, 743 of the Single code) to be 8 instead of 9.

if (cookieCount < 8) {

1 Like

Yes, That worked, thank you, but its not line 792, its 743.

1 Like

It was line 792 for me.

1 Like

792 in the Parent of the Parent/Child version.

The single driver/single thermostat per driver version, yes, line 743.

But independent of line number DID IT WORK? :smiley:

1 Like

Yes it did. Thank you

2 Likes

Worked for me too, so thanks. And thanks for the work on the apps.

Question: I have just a single Honeywell thermostat and am unlikely to add more. I seem to have success polling at 10 minute intervals using the Series 1 (single driver/single thermo) app. That frequency suits my purposes. Is there any reason to migrate over to the Series 2 (Parent/Child) version of the app, or should I stick with the Series 1? In other words, do I follow the golden rule of "If it works, don't change it", or is the Series 1 likely to be abandoned in favour of Series 2 so I might as well just "bite the bullet" and change now?

It's an excellent question...

My answer is poor at best :smiley:

I'm unlikely to DEVELOP against the older (single thermo) driver. When I created the Parent/child, I copied each block, but reorganized it and the result is I can find things faster in the new code. I think the code itself is very similar and in a lot of cases identical. The differences were largely to pass data between Parent and one or more Children and I like the structure that brings.

However, I don't see there being a LOT of growth in these drivers :smiley: and so far, I've backported changes from Parent/Child into the Single. I have no plan to abandon the Single.

I have a single thermo and am unlikely to add more. I have none of the optional items and obviously can't test them, but the community has been great at doing precisely that :slight_smile: yet I use the Parent/Child with the Single still installed and configured, but with it Disabled.

As you can see, the Single hasn't been used in over a month. But I imagine this is a Developer thing to have both to make switching back and forth easier.

Final thought: I think you can wait another few months and see if there's any actual benefit to switching. :smiley:

I was already worried, two weeks ago with problems that I could no longer control from HE. Thank you very much for the solution.

Thanks csteele! I had double checked login / device ID / etc. It was line 743 for me (with new driver) Very much appreciate the work.

EricW

Sorry.. I just pushed code and so updating via HPM could have saved 8-10 seconds :smiley:

Hour late for you.. an hour early for others I hope :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was looking at the code trying to figure out why the older version did not have this issue.. the older versions logs in again at every refresh wheras you do not assuming you want to cut down on hits... but not sure why using a cookie count it a good method to determine whether the login was sucessfull or not? Wouldnt it be better to parse something in the response?

hopefully the new resido honeywell home driver can handle these devices soon, as I mentioned you now can use the older tcc therms in the newer residio app, even humidifiers are supported but currently the api for this does not support them....

Screen Shot 2022-11-14 at 8.46.56 AM

The order of cookies is not fixed. While there's a tendency for them to be issued in a predictable order, I've noticed them move around. So I simply count them. They changed, and now there's one less. Did they combine two into one? If so, then parsing a response would have changed too and I'd be editing for that instead :slight_smile:

1 Like

A consultation @csteele

Several thermostats have the feature of turning the display on and off, would it be possible to bring this attribute to the drive? For example, during the day keep it on, and at night turn it off so it doesn't disturb the luminosity?

Thanks.

As far as i know the api does not report that and there is no function to control that.

1 Like

Hi- can anyone help with this- thanks in advance.

)