Honeywell TCC Total Connect Comfort Drivers

i have that same prestige and it works fine with this driver and i have the outdoor temp sensor.. are you sure you enabled it in the options.

the secondar indoor sensors will NOT work however as the api does not show anything for that.. only the outdoor sensor. the indoor sensors are not really for a temp reporting but for you to have multiple of them and the therm intself to average all of them to get the current temp.

i believe this is the one i have working

I have complained to Honeywell for years about this thermostat. They are selling this expensive premium product, and the phone app is very disappointing in comparison. On the thermostat you have all these fancy runtime statistics and Delta-T statistics, remote sensors, and you cannot access any of this remotely.

Similarly, the Prestige IAQ has ventilation settings that are only available on the stat itself. There is literally a blank right next to dehumidify and humidify in the app that should be for ventilation. But alas, you can't just ventilate like you can the other functions. The ventilate is very helpful certain times of the year, and as a booster for cooking odors.

Every time I have written them, or left a review in the android app about these missing features, I get "thanks for your feedback". They really don't care about their products, and I doubt the new owner Residio is going to put any more effort into things.

I found some success with retrying login based on the pattern I saw...

First, a really bad fail. Retry didn't help:

info  Honeywell Thermo Downstairs TCC transaction: failed
warn  Something went wrong during login: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX
debug Honeywell TCC 'login'
debug Recycling Login
info  Honeywell Thermo Downstairs TCC transaction: failed
warn  Something went wrong during login: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX
debug received Refresh request from Honeywell Thermo Downstairs to Honeywell TCC 'refresh', units: = °F, fromUnauth = false

It's the standard polling cycle, hit the login and there's a SSL error, so the login is retried (recycled) and fails exactly the same. Two swings and two misses. The next poll cycle (3 mins later) worked fine.

Next comes the case I was coding for. The first login fails, the second works.

debug Request was successful, 200
debug Recycling Login
info  Honeywell Thermo Downstairs TCC transaction: retry login
debug Adding cookie to collection: ADRUM_BT1=R:0|i:197975|e:59
debug Adding cookie to collection: SameSite=None
debug Adding cookie to collection: ASP.NET_SessionId=3r2nbfuloaimrnhyj2qet43y
debug Request was successful, 302
debug received Refresh request from Honeywell Thermo Downstairs to Honeywell TCC 'refresh', units: = °F, fromUnauth = false

I think fromUnauth was targeting that first case, when the connection was a complete dud, but is searching, as you said, for one specific word. I'd guess that my mechanism will have some positive effect on the issue, especially since I recycle very quickly. Just pecking away at the phenomenon.

1 Like

same here.. every year I leave the same review... too bad because I have the in duct resistors for the delta t and its a great function..

1 Like

same here.. the outdoor unit is being read with no issues

1 Like

Running my Development hub on a 3 min cycle overnight (12hrs) I saw 22 login fails. Of those 2 were duds, didn't recover. For me, it's amazing:

1. I've never run the poll cycle at 3 mins before. I've tried 10 mins but found it was not to bad at 15. My Production hub runs on a 60 min cycle.
  2. that an immediate retry works.

I'm going to have to finish this and push out another release of the new driver :slight_smile:

2 Likes

nice i run my house with two therms one on a 30 min schedule and one 1 hr.. with the retry code i put in the old one i have no issues.. it would be nice to be able to run it sooner.. does your new driver have all the code of the existing old driver including the kludgy humidifier running code i had to add?

I believe so. It creates the pair of child devices if needed.

1 Like

I've actually just finished back porting the Accumulation Feature and this Rapid Retry Feature to the old driver. Testing is good, so far.

3 Likes

v1.3.21 released 4 hours ago. Includes back ports (from the Parent/Child driver) of an Accumulation Feature and a Rapid Retry Feature, discussed above.

3 Likes

Bit confused... this is the older, single Driver topic. All of the Log.info lines are unqualified in v1.3.21

Over on the Parent/Child topic v2.0.8, all the log.info's are qualified by Debug, which is not the intent.

Is this message just in the wrong topic? I can make a v.(next) that correctly qualifies log.info with TxtMsg.

1 Like

Released v1.3.25 to use "\" for Platform 2.3.3.x compatibility.

3 Likes

on the same vane as above which still is ignoared.. your new change should be this..

and moved down so that the variable has a value
if (isEmergencyHeatAllowed)
sendEvent(name: 'supportedThermostatModes', value: [""auto"", ""cool"", ""emergency heat"", ""heat"", ""off""] )
else
sendEvent(name: 'supportedThermostatModes', value: [""auto"", ""cool"", ""heat"", ""off""] )

Hello,
I have a Honeywell Prestige thermostat with remote sensors linked to it. Can the TCC integration show the remote sensors?
I do have a Honeywell T10 thermostat and that shows the remote sensors fine. I was trying to see if the TCC integration can expose these remote sensors that are attached to the prestige thermostat.

Thank you

It will see the outdoor sensor if you check the option. It will not see any of your remote redlink sensors that are used for averaging or the duct 10k sensors.

Does anyone have a problem with TCC today? My devise stopped updating after midnight today. I deleted and reinstalled the thermostat in hubitat, but its not updating at all. I have the latest hubitat firmware, and V1.3.25 of the TCC driver

dev:938 2022-11-10 06:53:07.671 AM info Honeywell Thermo Downstairs TCC transaction: failed
dev:938 2022-11-10 06:53:07.667 AM info Honeywell Thermo Downstairs TCC transaction: retry login
dev:938 2022-11-10 06:53:07.664 AM info Honeywell Thermo Downstairs TCC transaction: retry login

I'm also getting login fails.

In my case I get something different

I'd have to conclude that Honeywell altered their API.

I think they reduced the number of Cookies they need by one.

I'm getting success by changing Line 792 (of the Parent code, 743 of the Single code) to be 8 instead of 9.

if (cookieCount < 8) {

1 Like