Homemade Environment Sensor + Bluetooth little brother. Here are new possibilities

I will send you an example later what I am looking for. Your page is one level details than what I am looking for.

You may want to delete the post also or just PM me. There is personal info on that information.

You do not have to go to detail page or make connections.

Just singe tap.

It will offer you a raw link. Tap on that. That is the advertisement data.

The device that you sent does not look like a car btw.

I'll have to go connect again to get that.

Probably because it's not a car :wink: But I suppose I'll find the car if I turn on the ignition.

This is a beacon in my glovebox. State Farm insurance sent it to me so their phone app can report info to them (yeah, I know. But it saves me about $270 every 6 months). I'll send a pic of the beacon when I later get the info screenshot you want.

Had a few minutes so here ya go.

Let me dig around. This is the information that I am looking for. I will let you know what we can do.

@iharyadi, don't bother with the beacon I sent the info on. It only shows up on the app when it moves substantially, like opening the glovebox, and maybe when the car engine is started so it won't serve my purpose of detecting if the car is in the garage or not.

I also had the scanner running when I started the engine, expecting to see the car's b/t show up...nope.

Thanks for letting me know. It is good to know.

I am told that some beacon is actually obfuscated. I do not know how to identify this type of beacon obviously.

Thanks
Iman

1 Like

I got a bluetooth RGB bulb. I thought I make a demo video with the Tilt.

2 Likes

I got a good deal on inkBird BBQ thermometer.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076QDC5VL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is a nice bbq probes 4 in a box. I pair it with my hub and play around with Google Mini TTS and Rule machine.

5 Likes

I have another Bluetooth device integrated.

This is another Temperature/Humidity sensors. What draw be to this device is it has large display. It keep the max and min of the sensor reading. It also has button to change the unit from Celsius to Fahrenheit.

I got them for $17 from Amazon for 2 of them (not one) with discount. It is $8.5 a piece. It is probably the cheapest Temperature/Humidity sensor that I have ever known. Amazon seems to have a few sales on this Govee brand. It could be that they are clearing them out.

This advertise itself as iBeacon. You can put one in your car. You can use it as presence sensor.

Thanks
Iman

3 Likes

That's great, Iman, but when will the rest of us get to play? :man_shrugging:

What about Tile Mate devices? Tile Mate (2020) - 4-Pack https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07W73PTJB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_B51lFbYAGRKAH

Was going to try and use these with Node-red node-red-contrib-generic-ble (node) - Node-RED

@LosinIt thank you for asking.

I have a few modules that I have built. This version use Ethernet connection.

I also can make those that piggy back to my Environment Sensor.

There are some advantage/disadvantage between the 2.

My plan is to share them with community member here. They are prototype devices. Along the way, I hope to improve them. I do not plan to sell them at this point. But, if you want to send me some donation for shipping (between $3 to $5), It would be more than welcome.

I will give one for you and @aaiyar. I believe that you guys express interest. If you can test or develop some DTH for other devices, It will be helpful for all of us. I also believe that @bptworld is interested. Let me know if you want one. Based on that, I only have less than a handful of the module left.

I have DTH that work with the following devices.

Xiaomi Flower
Xiaomi Temperature/Humidity (LYWSD02).
NRF Beacon
Apple iBeacon
Tilt Hydrometer
Govee Temperature/Humidity Sensor
Inkbird IBT-4XS Bluetooth (multiple variant from 2 to 6 probes)

You will notice that most of devices does a broadcast of its data. I am pretty confident that we can cover most of these type of devices. Bluetooth is more than just adverting data. There will be other interesting devices that may need to "pair". I do not support them yet. To support any Bluetooth device, it will be out of the scope of what I am aiming for. I am looking to get a set of devices and make sure it work well with those.

Again, I only have less than hand full of devices, if anyone else interested, please do reach out. It is a start, I hope that we as community can start to get this Bluetooth project rolling.

A last note, these modules have short range. I replace some of the antenna (more of a hack). But, you may need more than one to eventually. For now, I can only share one per member since I only have very limited number of them.

Thanks
Iman

3 Likes

That's wonderful, Iman. I'm honored and of course I'll accept one. How would you like the donation sent? Might want to PM that.

I will send you a PM with my paypal. Let me get a list of who will be interested and get back to you.

Thanks
Iman

1 Like

Hi Brian,

The tilt mate may be a beacon device. This aspect of integration is very likely.

It is also more than just a beacon. You can connect to it and make it to make sound. I am guessing that you have to make a connection and write some attribute.

If you have an android phone, you can sniff the protocol. If you can get me, I will be more than happy to look at it and see whether they can be integrated.

Thanks
Iman

Hi I’d be interested to have one. Please pm me your PayPal .
Thanks

No android here. I’ll see if I can find someone who does.

@iharyadi I am a huge fan of your devices, so I am willing to give these a try.

@iharyadi I have tiles and and4oid devices laying around. If you'd like I'd be happy to help.