HomeKit

Are any of your devices in the integration being exported as a button or button controller? If so uncheck those.

I have the Philips Hue Bridge Integration as one of my apps. None of the devices in the integration show up in the HomeKit Integration Beta to expose.

Is that a coming feature or am I missing a setup?

From the HomeKit integration documentation:

2 Likes

Hue is homekit enabled on its own, you don't need to go through hubitat to get it to show up in the Home app.

1 Like

Everybody was talking about the Locks and Garage Door Openers. So this slipped by me.

I guess I might have to look at the "Other" approach. I have Bond and Hue devices I want to voice control especially the Hue bulbs.

For Bond, you'll have to use Homebridge or HOOBS. But the Hue bridge should be directly HomeKit compatible.

The Hue bridge can be connected to both HE and Apple Home. Then you can take advantage of Apple’s Adaptive Lighting, which works very nicely with Hue and requires almost zero effort to implement.

2 Likes

Thats the trick since its just for voice control. Hubitat is doing the automation.

Based on their community, it sounds like Bond is beta testing HomeKit support. Disclaimer: I have not tried this yet but happened to see it yesterday.

1 Like

Thats encouraging but they are currently looking at shade support and currently its beta on the Bond Pro Hub.

I have the regular hub and want to control ceiling fans and fireplaces so it looks like I am farther back in the line.

The lights were more important at the moment as we were looking at switching from Alexa to Siri in the bedroom and my wife's nightstand is a Hue bulb. She uses the voice activation all the time.

In the summer she activates our family ceiling fan a lot. We may delay that switchover as we would really like a homepod with a display like Echo Show since she likes to see the timers when cooking.

yeah, I don't have the pro either but am hoping they'll extend it to both hubs as it sounded like this was just their starting point. I guess we'll see.

It’s called iPad :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Yea I know thats an option

Disappointed that my Konnected door contacts don’t work but this HomeKit integration is a game changer.

You can connect Hue directly to homeridge. The code is on the bottom of the Hue Bridge.. It will still maintain it's integration with Hubitat or use virtual switches.

1 Like

I'm in the same boat except I use Hubduino (Same functionality and Homekit limitation). I was thinking of setting up some virtual contacts to use with the new Homekit integration and rules to trigger from Hubduino contact sensors. This might work but not as clean as direct integration.

I'll need to investigate to see if I switched HubDuino child devices to use the Hubitat built-in "Generic Component XXXX" drivers, instead of my old custom drivers, if they would show up in the HomeKit integration... :thinking:

For this to work, it will require some rewrite of the HubDuino Parent device driver. Thus, one cannot simply swap the child driver type. I'll look into this possibility over the weekend.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

4 Likes

That would be amazing! Thank you so much for looking into this...I'm no programmer although I can get by modifying certain things, but this is well beyond my skillset.

Absolutely love everything you've done with the Hubduino project and I use it all the time for so many of my automations. Having this work with the new native Homekit would be icing on the cake. Keep up your amazing work.

1 Like

I have done a test with my Logitech Harmony Hub integration, which looks very promising. It also used one of my custom HubDuino child drivers. When I modified the code to use the Hubitat built-in Child drivers, the child devices began to appear in the Hubitat HomeKit Beta integration. I will continue to try and make this type of change on the HubDuino platform, but please know that will take more effort. I hope to have some time this weekend to look at it. The other nice thing about using the built-in child drivers, is a lot less code for me to maintain. :wink:

5 Likes

Is there any chance user drivers will be enabled at some point as that makes up about 70% of my Hubitat environment. I understand border devices will never be added, is this the same for user added drivers?

If so I guess Homebridge will have to be running for me constantly still.