Homehabit - New dashboard app for Android

This is looking promising. My friend already has this in use on his Home Assistant setup and it works quite well. There is support for several other systems, but no integration for Hubitat yet.

https://community.projectrotini.com/

5 Likes

@Kulfsson Thanks for spreading the word about HomeHabit. This is very coincidental!
Hubitat support has been added to HomeHabit just couple of weeks ago, available on the beta channel in the Play Store. The support is experimental for now, and will be improved in the future. It should be available generally soon, in the next release.

Disclaimer: I'm part of HomeHabit development team

1 Like

Downloaded the beta to see what it was like. Didn't see Hubitat listed.

@j715 do you see version Beta 17 or Beta 18 on Support screen?

@j715 Play Store provides "beta channel" that users can "join" to get the latest, but less stable version. Since main version is also called "Beta", it is kinda confusing.
There is more information how to join beta channel in Google documentation (Get beta versions of apps section): Try new Android apps before they’re officially released - Google Play Help

Thank you for the interest!

I connect fine, but as soon as I go to platforms it shows connecting. Once connected, it drops right away.

@ajones thanks for trying it. Let me check on this.

@ajones can you tell me your HE Platform Version and Hardware Version?

This looks wonderful. Great! Just what I needed... Another app/hook into Hubitat to burn all my free (and sleep) time!
This is really promising though. I have a friend that I brought over from ST, and he's not as immediate and complete a fan/convert as I am. His main gripe is that you have to create dashboards in Hubitat, whereas he's used to just scrolling through his things list and controlling everything there. He has a point. This is still a dashboard, but maybe he'll like it better than the Hubitat dashes for now?
At any rate, I'm gonna force myself not to customize this all night/morning/weekend long, but I appreciate you posting it here!

1 Like

Thank you!
Hopefully, you are not gonna burn too much of your sleep time :slight_smile: Let me know if you have any issues.

New build has been pushed out with several fixes for Hubitat integration. It's rolling out over the next few hours.

@ajones it most likely will not fix the problem that you have, still trying to figure that one out

I can't seem to find habitat, am I missing something?

Sorted, needed to sign up for the beta beta

1 Like

@ajones Can you try clicking on "Get All Devices" link in Maker API app settings and noting how long it will take to respond, is it almost immediate or something like over 10 seconds?
Thanks!

Thanks for trying out the app!

I keep getting an error that HomeHabit is diconnecting and reconnecting to Hubitat. Any idea what could be causing that? I'm happy to provide logs or whatnot if you would tell me what I need to do to grab them.

@Ryan780 Can you try clicking in browser on "Get All Devices" link in Maker API app settings and noting how long it will take to respond, is it almost immediate or something like over 10 seconds? Maybe do it several times to get a better idea.
Thanks!

Both cloud and local take less than a second to load. I don't sync all devices to the maker API so the list isn't huge.
Will it ignore commands & attributes that are non-standard? Or can they cause an error?